Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How well do crazy drill times translate?

Wesquire

I think it depends more on the HF, and the consistency. If you can do an el pres every time with a HF of 15 or better, you are generally going to shoot better than someone who can only do it every time with a 13 hf.

If you can shoot it 10 times under 4 seconds and all but one of them have mikes, then meh.

5 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

you learn your limit of human function to quote Enos. also this is a game of speed and confidence. you don't gain either by always operating in your comfort zone while training or practicing.

Right, but what I'm asking is there seems to be a significant gap between top shooters on drills like this...even when there's almost no gap in their match ability.

we only see what people post publicly. and though their gap is closer than most everyone else there still is a difference between what you can pull off during practice at the range versus at a match.

personally, i haven't seen a huge gap between top shooters on drills in real life. gauging this off their yt or ig posts i don't think gives the whole picture.