Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to ship a sold gun?

Hello everyone, I sold a 2011 lower on the forums here. I just wanted to make sure I get this correct. All I need to do is ship the "gun" directly to the buyers FFL after receiving a copy of the FFLs license and disclosing to the shipping company that I am shipping a gun? Does this sound correct? 

Thank you! 

The cheapest and easiest way for me has always been to go through a local dealer on my end.  They don't have to overnight it and the cost drops dramatically.  However it depends on the dealers in your area

5 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I think the next day shipping requirement was only for pistols and pistol receivers.  Correct?   If he was shipping a rifle lower, could it ship cheaper?

Bill

Yes rifles and shotguns or the serialized part can ship cheaper and do not have to be shipped overnight.

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, RJH said:

The cheapest and easiest way for me has always been to go through a local dealer on my end.  They don't have to overnight it and the cost drops dramatically.  However it depends on the dealers in your area

I have a great relationship with my local GS and they handle all the shipping for me. They will always advise not to use overnight because of cost and only adds minimal delay to the buyer.

• 4 weeks later...

I use UPS to ship, but have learned that you need to go to the local UPS "hub" customer service counter to ship.  The UPS Store folks will flip out if you try to ship anything that rhymes with gun.  I used them to ship a KRG chassis last month and it was a real struggle to convince them that it was not a "gun".