Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI Blazer Aluminum 115 Grain

Dieselvrr

Got a good deal on CCI Blazer 115 Grain Aluminum shell.  I've shot these before over the last decade but noticed today they shoot kind of Hot.  Recoil seemed little sharper when compared to my Aguila 115gr and 124gr factory ammo.  Anyone else notice this?  On plus side, no issues feeding or ejecting.  

Edited by Dieselvrr

Yes, I noticed it just the other day.  A fellow shooter also commented that it is hotter (higher pressure because of the alum. case?) than other brands but that's good if your training....it's closer to a carry round so recoils is more similar.  I had no trouble running it thru 2 glock 19's and CZ clone and at $8/ box it's affordable.

I recall the good old days of the early 2000's when Academy Sports sold that ammo at $3.67 a box (when I'd buy cases of it, they thought I was crazy).  My chrono testing of it was shocking.  Its average velocity was 1167 from a Glock 17 OEM barrel with an ES of <30 fps and single digit SDs.  It grouped well and I wish I'd bought a truckload of it.  Haven't tried any of the new production stuff though.

Yeah, its a great value, just something I noticed.  I'll continue to use for range and will probably buy others for matches.

Also, sorry if this was the wrong place to start this thread, I realized I was in reloading after the fact.

Still more expensive for me than reloads plus I can't use the cases so beyond what I shot out of my PP226 when i first bought it, I don't touch them any longer. I don't see the appeal if you reload. I do feel it was snappier than my reloads but I have never reloaded with light bullets as they have always been 135 or 150 from Blue Bullets.

Edited by mikeinctown