Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Mag Pouch for Stock 2

JP221

I had brand specific mag pouches, and need new pouches for my Stock 2.  I ordered CR Speed pouches, to find they won't work with Tanfo mags, so dumb.

It looks like the main options are Ghost or DAA racer plastic pouches.  I would prefer pouches that the mags don't sit really deep, but they look pretty similar.  Also, I will be sticking to bullets forward for now, and maybe try bullets out during the off season.  I realize most guys use the Ghost pouches, but if the DAA pouches are better, I'll buy those.  I'm not worried about the price difference.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, JP221 said:

I had brand specific mag pouches, and need new pouches for my Stock 2.  I ordered CR Speed pouches, to find they won't work with Tanfo mags, so dumb.

It looks like the main options are Ghost or DAA racer plastic pouches.  I would prefer pouches that the mags don't sit really deep, but they look pretty similar.  Also, I will be sticking to bullets forward for now, and maybe try bullets out during the off season.  I realize most guys use the Ghost pouches, but if the DAA pouches are better, I'll buy those.  I'm not worried about the price difference.

Thanks!

They do fit,  I went to lowes and bought 4 dollars worth of big washer ( could not recall the size) and put it in between the STI  spacers or you could use the CZ spacers ( you need to cut off the little tab. 

10 minutes ago, bulm540 said:

They do fit,  I went to lowes and bought 4 dollars worth of big washer ( could not recall the size) and put it in between the STI  spacers or you could use the CZ spacers ( you need to cut off the little tab. 

You are a genius!!  I already tried Google, and only found threads complaining about them not filling.  Going to cut off the tab on the CZ spacers now, it looks like that will do the trick.

BUllets out and bullets forward, I don't really see the advantage of a bullets out ( IMHO) . I love my cr speeds, they are the same mags pouches that I used when I was shooting limited with my STI. 

Edited by bulm540

3 hours ago, bulm540 said:

BUllets out and bullets forward, I don't really see the advantage of a bullets out ( IMHO) . I love my cr speeds, they are the same mags pouches that I used when I was shooting limited with my STI. 

Do you have the mag pouches above, or below the belt?

I shoot Production, and have the pouches at the lower setting, but I have hit my thumb a few times on the piece that attaches the pouch to the belt.  It seems like it would be too high if I had the mag above the belt.  Thoughts?

I never carried bullets out until I started using Ghost mag pouches. I find it is a more natural draw for me and less fumbling but everyone is different of course. I've also seen a few people who run bullets forward on the first couple of carriers and then bullets out on the rear most mag carriers.

20 hours ago, JP221 said:

Do you have the mag pouches above, or below the belt?

I shoot Production, and have the pouches at the lower setting, but I have hit my thumb a few times on the piece that attaches the pouch to the belt.  It seems like it would be too high if I had the mag above the belt.  Thoughts?

above, same problems as yours, I am hitting the belt attachment part of the mag pouch. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, johnbu said:

I use ghost.  tried bullets out, went back to forward.But it's nice to have the option.

Same here. It's been nice to to from M&P to Tanfoglio to Walther Q5 without changing magazine pouches at all.

Also handy when you want to run a buddies Glock or 2011 through a stage.

Ghost 360's on my limited/PCC/steel challenge belt. Thing I do not like is the plastic is higher than CR, so less of the magazine exposed. It is really great to use Glock, Tanfo, and 2011 mags without pouch modification.

I run some airsoft CR speed knockoffs on my production belt. Bullets forward, tons of the front of the magazine is exposed for me.

If you already bought CR speeds, then just adjust to fit the Tanfoglio large frame mags. I think you'll find pouches are all about personal preference and don't make a huge difference.