Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope choices

blacklab

I have a Burris xtr ii 1-5 on my rifle now and it works OK but I want to up grade. I thought I was going to go with the Vortex Razor but then I herd about the C-More C3 and it sounds likes good package. I have C-More slide rides on my open guns and they work great so I'm assuming that  their scopes are just as good. The reticle on the C3 seems perfect for me because I'm not very good at hold overs or wind drifts and the cheater marks help tremendously. I can get the C3 for about $800 on sale verses the Vortex at around $1400, but there's very little info on the C3. So I'm wondering if I should take a chance with the C3 or put out the extra money for the very popular and proven Vortex. Anyone have any thought about it?

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Are you looking to upgrade the scope quality or magnification? The XTR II 1-8x would be a nice upgrade in Magnification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to upgrade quality. The XTR has some fish eye to it. I was hoping to get away from that but I can't get my hands on a C3 to look through one. I looked through a Razor and they are better then the Burris in my opinion.

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

$1500 or under and that's pushing it if I want to stay married. The Swarovski is around $1800. Didn't have time to look into the Kahles yet. 

Bah, who needs a wife.... Kahles is $2k so nevermind, at that price range I thing the Vortex Razor HD is your best bet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot my first match today with the C-More and all I can say is WOW. It's a great scope, the glass is clear and the dot is just like looking at the slide ride on my open gun. They only had targets set out to 200yds so I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the reticle but it is a great scope. Not saying anything bad about Burris but the C-More is far better then the XTR. 

I have a Burris xtr ii 1-5 on my rifle now and it works OK but I want to up grade. I thought I was going to go with the Vortex Razor but then I herd about the C-More C3 and it sounds likes good package. I have C-More slide rides on my open guns and they work great so I'm assuming that  their scopes are just as good. The reticle on the C3 seems perfect for me because I'm not very good at hold overs or wind drifts and the cheater marks help tremendously. I can get the C3 for about $800 on sale verses the Vortex at around $1400, but there's very little info on the C3. So I'm wondering if I should take a chance with the C3 or put out the extra money for the very popular and proven Vortex. Anyone have any thought about it?

Wait...where is this $800?

Edit: found the coupon code. The specs on this scope are great, I just don't know about durability. For this price I'm about ready to jump though

15 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Any comparisons with the Razor?

I didn't get a chance to look at them side by side, but going off memory I think it would be a draw between the two for quality. Personally I think the reticle on the C3 is better then the Vortex.