Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9L Performance center USPSA division ?

tattooo

I have never shot uspsa and have been researching online but cannot find a definitive answer as the rules are a bit confusing.

The gun has a leupold deltapoint, apex AEK comp trigger kit and aluminum trigger and speed shooters ESP magwell / base pads.

Can someone with knowledge of the sport tell me what division it can be used in ?

Ported barrel-open
standard barrel-carry optics

No CO with mag well. "The longitudinal (front-to-back) dimension of the opening may be more than 1/4" greater than the corresponding dimension is a magazine. External flaring remains PROHIBITED." Appendix D7, Carry Optics 22.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, tattooo said:

I have never shot uspsa 

The gun won't be keeping you from hanging with 2011's. Just go shoot it in open and worry about not getting DQ'd before you get too concerned with equipment.

1 hour ago, tattooo said:

That is a fair point......are there holster restrictions or types not allowed ? I have a bladetech black ice.

In Open there are no holster restrictions, other than it has to cover the trigger guard. Actually there aren't a whole lot of restrictions in Open Division (which is why I shoot it, don't have to remember all those rules ;)) Then again, you could take the M&P to the extreme like I did a while back. (the slide cracked after a year, I've since gone to an STI)

CC 3.JPG

CC 2.JPG

If I took the magwell and optic off would it qualify for a different class ? I can see it not hanging with the race 2011's in open

The comp has to go. And, as a result may have to replace the barrel. Not certain in that. Trigger is an external modification. And unless OEM/OFM for that make and model pistol it is not legal. Depending on what the trigger kit modified it may be production legal or not. Some guns have trigger kits that make an external modification and are not legal. If all, completely internal, then probably okay. New base pads for mags.

The comp has to go. And, as a result may have to replace the barrel. Not certain in that. Trigger is an external modification. And unless OEM/OFM for that make and model pistol it is not legal. Depending on what the trigger kit modified it may be production legal or not. Some guns have trigger kits that make an external modification and are not legal. If all, completely internal, then probably okay. New base pads for mags.

O.k thanks for the info....I don't have a comp but the barrel is ported and slide lightened.

23 hours ago, Bkreutz said:

In Open there are no holster restrictions, other than it has to cover the trigger guard. Actually there aren't a whole lot of restrictions in Open Division (which is why I shoot it, don't have to remember all those rules ;)) Then again, you could take the M&P to the extreme like I did a while back. (the slide cracked after a year, I've since gone to an STI)

CC 3.JPG

CC 2.JPG

Very nice looking pictures!  For CO, the slide racker will have to go too.  Do you shoot steel challenge?  This could be a good steel challenge pistol.  Trigger may hold you back depending on skill level.  Could use as starter until you need better trigger to progress.  Likewise could be a good starter for open.  Ensure you mags are 140 or 170mm so you maximize capacity.  Start open with this and as skills progress eventually migrate to 2011 or Czeckmate open pistol.  Or, just stick with this since it meets your needs.

Just show up to a match and shoot it in Open. Have fun. Don't worry about begin competitive.

Watch the other guys shooting in various divisions: use range days as research opportunities to figure out what kind gun you want to be shooting at matches.

I promise you that being competitive isn't possible anyway. A new shooter arriving with a fully-custom Open gun will still get stomped in the overalls by an A class guy shooting a bone stock Glock in production with 10rd masg. It happens all the time.

Stop delaying and go shoot. :) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Just show up to a match and shoot it in Open. Have fun. Don't worry about begin competitive.

Watch the other guys shooting in various divisions: use range days as research opportunities to figure out what kind gun you want to be shooting at matches.

I promise you that being competitive isn't possible anyway. A new shooter arriving with a fully-custom Open gun will still get stomped in the overalls by an A class guy shooting a bone stock Glock in production with 10rd masg. It happens all the time.

Stop delaying and go shoot. [emoji4] 
Thank you for the honest advice

2 hours ago, GeneBray said:

Very nice looking pictures!  For CO, the slide racker will have to go too.  Do you shoot steel challenge?  This could be a good steel challenge pistol.  Trigger may hold you back depending on skill level.  Could use as starter until you need better trigger to progress.  Likewise could be a good starter for open.  Ensure you mags are 140 or 170mm so you maximize capacity.  Start open with this and as skills progress eventually migrate to 2011 or Czeckmate open pistol.  Or, just stick with this since it meets your needs.

Those are pictures of an old gun that has since been replaced by this

DSC00599.JPG

That is a fair point......are there holster restrictions or types not allowed ? I have a bladetech black ice.

Trigger must be completely covered. No race style. Heel of the butt above the top of belt. Handgun and mags 2" from inside of belt.

Trigger must be completely covered. No race style. Heel of the butt above the top of belt. Handgun and mags 2" from inside of belt.

My bladetech has an adjystable stingray drop offset, ill have to check if the butt is at the top of my belt or readjust it.

My bladetech has an adjystable stingray drop offset, ill have to check if the butt is at the top of my belt or readjust it.

I use a blade tech DOH in production. Predates the stingray. Good holsters