Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire 24C Compatible Safeties

SlvrDragon50

For those of you with Hiperfire 24C safeties, what safeties have you found to work? I've asked Hiperfire and Strike Industries, and I get conflicting information. Hiperfire says a Strike Industry safety works, and Strike Industry said none of the safeties work. Can we crowd source real tested safeties to generate our own list?

Trigger: 24C or 24ECL

Safety:

Throw: 45, 60, 90

Thanks!

90 Deg Throw

CMMG Ambi-Safety ($30) - Flatland Shooter - PCC and .223

VBMtJZg.png

Hera Arms ($30) - Intenselmage

7Mj3w7e.png

KE Arms ($35) - Intenselmage
BfaDhbG.png

Radian Talons ($57) - Intenselmage

PxrIx5a.png

Short Throw

Hera Arms - Intenselmage

KE Arms - Intenselmage

Radian Talons - Intenselmage

Seekins Precision ($38) - alma

cxbIumv.png

Noveske Ambi Short Throw ($38) - 3gunDQ

TS9s9u8.png

Edited by SlvrDragon50

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am curious, after installing a 24C in my PCC what is the problem with certain safeties? What do they do or not do?

I put a 90 degree standard JP safety and it seems to work fine. Just started having some weird trigger problems after about 700-800 rounds. Trigger just freezes like the safety is on then releases. Almost got me DQ'ed at a match.

gerritm

I was unaware of any safety issues with the hyperfire 24c. I do have a JP selector that I would like to install. Are there issues with this and fitment and or operation of the JP safety with the hyperfire 24c?

At this time I am running mil-spec Ambi safety in there.

Edited by TISCHLJ

If you have the safety already, the best thing to do is to try. Neither of those safeties are on the list of selectors that don't work so I would imagine they will work. The issue seems to be a combination of out of spec lowers as well as the cuts on the safety levers.

• 1 month later...

I'm running 2 24C, one in 556 and the other in 308, both with mixed bag ambi safeties from CMMG and KE, none with any issues.  With that said, it absolutely doesn't mean your set up with the same won't have issues.  The gremlins here are stacking tolerance issues between all of these components: receiver, trigger, and safety barrel.  Just have to try a few different safeties if you run into functional problems.  Safest bet is to run an adjustable safety from JP, or just have a few different brands in your parts bin.  

13 hours ago, PacMan said:

I'm running 2 24C, one in 556 and the other in 308, both with mixed bag ambi safeties from CMMG and KE, none with any issues.  With that said, it absolutely doesn't mean your set up with the same won't have issues.  The gremlins here are stacking tolerance issues between all of these components: receiver, trigger, and safety barrel.  Just have to try a few different safeties if you run into functional problems.  Safest bet is to run an adjustable safety from JP, or just have a few different brands in your parts bin.  

Initially the 24E wouldn't run in my JP 9mm, until I backed off the adjustment screw.  Best to get an adjustable safety.