Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advantages Limited vs Production?

JokerBravo

1. Major power factor in limited 
2. Greater magazine capacity in limited (which you knew)
3. You can shoot a decent pistol in limited. 

Your comment implies you cannot shoot a decent pistol in Production. Is that what you intended to imply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I shoot limited minor 9mm.  I will never be good enough to win any major awards.  Plus I reload 9mm for my other guns and it just costs less.

Just plain fun to shoot 9mm with 23 in the mag.  Recoil is nice and easy to manage. 

On 8/11/2017 at 12:26 PM, MikeBurgess said:

on a more serious note I recommend to enter limited your first few matches, even if you are shooting a 9mm with regular (15-17 round) magazines. its just less to think about and lets you learn the game, then once you see all the other shooters in the other divisions you will have a better idea what division interests you the most and what gear you may want to use.

+1 to this, start out limited, you have enough to worry about just being safe your first few matches 

• 2 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, reverse_edge said:

What makes a limited gun decent? 

What makes a production legal gun not? 

I'm guessing he was joking a little. but it's still true. It's a personal preference thing, IMO my 2011's are way cooler than any production gun on the market. If I didn't think that I probably wouldn't of bought them.

18 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I'm guessing he was joking a little. but it's still true. It's a personal preference thing, IMO my 2011's are way cooler than any production gun on the market. If I didn't think that I probably wouldn't of bought them.

I typically don't buy things unless they're cool, either. 

2 minutes ago, reverse_edge said:

That's just like, your opinion, man. 

I know I'm just kidding.

To give a real answer, Limited guns are decent because of all the flexibility you get with your gear. If a production gun fits you perfectly, you can still shoot it in limited. But, a nice 2011 you can pick a grip that fits your hand, a trigger you can reach. Different safeties depending what you do with your thumbs. Gass Pedal if that's your thing, the gun can be just about as heavy or as light as you want.

The only thing you could possibly not like about a limited gun is lack of a DOT and comp, or mag capacity.

10 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I know I'm just kidding.

To give a real answer, Limited guns are decent because of all the flexibility you get with your gear. If a production gun fits you perfectly, you can still shoot it in limited. But, a nice 2011 you can pick a grip that fits your hand, a trigger you can reach. Different safeties depending what you do with your thumbs. Gass Pedal if that's your thing, the gun can be just about as heavy or as light as you want.

The only thing you could possibly not like about a limited gun is lack of a DOT and comp, or mag capacity.

I know, I'm just quoting a movie.

Seriously though, as you said, it's all opinion. 

My opinion is that it's the Indian, not the arrow. Shoot what you've got and get gooder. The rest will sort itself out. 

• 1 month later...

Shoot both and see which you like more shot Limited major now switching to production and SS and personally I enjoy it more also there is a lot of strong competition in production locally so that helps push me 

• 4 months later...
On 10/31/2017 at 12:50 PM, reverse_edge said:

My opinion is that it's the Indian, not the arrow. Shoot what you've got and get gooder. The rest will sort itself out. 

LOL can't top that!!

Everyone knows that Limited is coolest because of the speed, the flashy gear, and all the rabid fans who ask for autographs after the match. Let's not forget the free money USPSA headquarters sends us, supplied by production shooters' annual membership dues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Everyone knows that Limited is coolest because of the speed, the flashy gear, and all the rabid fans who ask for autographs after the match. Let's not forget the free money USPSA headquarters sends us, supplied by production shooters' annual membership dues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey Obsessive -  Don't let those secrets out here... We don't want the production shooters knowing they fund Limited! Just like Single Stack and L10 fund Production. ;-{)}

On 8/11/2017 at 9:26 AM, MikeBurgess said:

on a more serious note I recommend to enter limited your first few matches, even if you are shooting a 9mm with regular (15-17 round) magazines. its just less to think about and lets you learn the game, then once you see all the other shooters in the other divisions you will have a better idea what division interests you the most and what gear you may want to use.

+1. I wish I'd listened to this advice when I started. For the first two years, I shot Production and the added mental challenge of where and when to reload was sometimes overwhelming. This season, I've moved to Limited Major (getting a .40 in the same gun with various Limited-allowed mods) and it's *almost* easier. On the plus side, I'm pretty good at mag changes.