Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
JokerBravo

Is this time good?

Draw from duty holster, shoot two in one target, reload shoot two in another target, reload and shoot two in third target in under six seconds.

If that is the fastest you can do that drill now with time and practice then it is fast. It dosent matter if someone else can do the same drill in 4 or 5 seconds only matters what your capable of.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:17 PM, tattooo said:

If that is the fastest you can do that drill now with time and practice then it is fast. It dosent matter if someone else can do the same drill in 4 or 5 seconds only matters what your capable of.

Tattooo is right.  There will always be someone better, with continued practice that someone will be you.

Tattooo is right.  There will always be someone better, with continued practice that someone will be you.
Yep, just worry about what you can do not comparing to others. I practiced some live fire stuff yesterday and was shooting faster than I can shoot. Slowed it down and got my hits. You are correct that one day that someone could be him. Well said.

On 8/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, JokerBravo said:

Draw from duty holster, shoot two in one target, reload shoot two in another target, reload and shoot two in third target in under six seconds.

My par time for 4 Aces is 2.3 seconds at 7 yards. Adding a reload and 1 split makes it 3.45. This is roughly a GM level dry fire par time. 

1 hour ago, Wesquire said:

My par time for 4 Aces is 2.3 seconds at 7 yards. 

What kind of gun/caliber?    Production?  Limited?   Open?

47 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

What kind of gun/caliber?    Production?  Limited?   Open?

Production. Stock 3.

From a duty holster and service pistol, I'd expect about a 1.5 draw, 0.2 splits, 1.3 reloads (assuming open top mag carrier), and maybe 0.3 transitions for a competent shooter. That would make for a 5.3 time depending on the distance of the targets relative to each other. I bet some extremely skilled guys can do it in sub 4.5.

Somebody let me know if I'm way off base here.