Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPA Resistance

Anyone encountering issues in their area with locals not being pleased about this division?  Old timers griping about rifles in pistol sports? or people saying its so much easier that guys are bumping up or people worried about safety of flagged guns?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the classifiers.  Do you feel they are too skewed?

They are 100% skewed until the HHF are updated. I understand why people are upset about it locally as the make ready does take a bit longer but no longer than your average GM.

As a match director, my only complaint is PCC shooters saying I dont make stages that are "PCC friendly". Im sorry hard leans to your weakside are hard. Im not going to change my stage designs to make it easier on you. Kind of like when I have 8 steel from one location. 100% legal but also guaranteed to piss off SS shooters. Each division comes with its ups and downs.

ROFL! Age old bitchfest! Seems the same thing happens in every sport when rules are modified. Any organized sport or function will have the long-termer's unhappy for the most part when the rules change. Sometimes their complaints are verified, sometimes, not so much. Time and tolerance are the only things that allow things to settle.

The only negative I've heard is when the RO starts the stage by asking if there are any PCC shooters on the squad, and when there are none, he replies with, "GOOD." Kinda  subtle, but the point is clear. The only slow down I've witnessed is when PCC shooters come to the line with the gun cased instead of flagged and muzzle up/down, as the rules specify is allowed. Uncase at the side berm, don't muzzle anyone, and come to the line ready to MR. At ULSC, flag it, muzzle up/down, and follow the RO as he scores. It should be faster than handgun because you don't have to fiddle with a locking a race holster.

I feel like an ambassador for PCC when I shoot. Guys see how much fun I'm having, and several have commented that they would like to try it. As far as classifiers, I hope it gets fixed as more PCC scores are collected. 

Edited by OPENB
They are 100% skewed until the HHF are updated. I understand why people are upset about it locally as the make ready does take a bit longer but no longer than your average GM.

As a match director, my only complaint is PCC shooters saying I dont make stages that are "PCC friendly". Im sorry hard leans to your weakside are hard. Im not going to change my stage designs to make it easier on you. Kind of like when I have 8 steel from one location. 100% legal but also guaranteed to piss off SS shooters. Each division comes with its ups and downs.

That's WHY there are different divisions . It's always nice to see your name on the top of the combine score but shoot your division and improve on your own times. Everything else falls into place

Some of the clubs were slow to allow PCC but now most include us.  

Occasionally we have a stage or two that is definitely not PCC friendly but that's part of the game.

Things have gone smoother with clubs and ROs that also shoot 3 gun.  

The number of PCC competitors seems to grow every month.  Some that did not initially like the idea are now asking questions about the gear and such.

Its here to stay.

When it was initially introduced, we had one local club say that they would never adopt it.  We embraced it since we already had a decent 3-gun membership.  It quickly became one of our largest divisions and the comments ended. The club that would never adopt it quickly adopted it without another comment.  

We hear things from random shooters, but not from a club perspective.   There are a few situations that can be relieved at the club level and I am pretty sure that they will be eventually.  

For instance, as small vertical gun-rack will allow PCC shooters to have their carbines close to the line to relieve most of the the gun carrying,  bagging/unbagging delays. 

If someone complains that a stage was not PCC friendly, I offer that they may need to work on their technique.  Same answer when someone complains about 20+ yard plates or mini-poppers.  Get better and things are not so hard.

I would say this: the start positions need to be creative and mirror as closely as possible the handgun/pcc rules and start positions within the uspsa rules as I have stated before.

At this time since I have been shooting PCC this year beginning in April, I've  and been that guy on the stage who was the only one shooting PCC. No bads...

I use a cart that I use for my three gun cart. I've had welcoming assist from other Shooters who are more than willing to meet me at or near the finish line with my cart so that I could cart my carbine in the appropriate manner.

I have found the stage designers are welcoming in my area- North Carolina to this new division and are eager to hear input from PCC shooters.

Based on my experience thus far, the North Carolina section is doing a good job with this new provisional Division, and I hope to see it continue.

Thanks to the match directors in this section who are doing a great job.

Obviously it is a learning experience for both shooters and match directors with the start position mainly, I think that creativity, and out-of-the-box thinking will continue to make this an exciting new division.

11 hours ago, OPENB said:

The only negative I've heard is when the RO starts the stage by asking if there are any PCC shooters on the squad, and when there are none, he replies with, "GOOD." Kinda  subtle, but the point is clear. The only slow down I've witnessed is when PCC shooters come to the line with the gun cased instead of flagged and muzzle up/down, as the rules specify is allowed. Uncase at the side berm, don't muzzle anyone, and come to the line ready to MR. At ULSC, flag it, muzzle up/down, and follow the RO as he scores. It should be faster than handgun because you don't have to fiddle with a locking a race holster.

I feel like an ambassador for PCC when I shoot. Guys see how much fun I'm having, and several have commented that they would like to try it. As far as classifiers, I hope it gets fixed as more PCC scores are collected. 

This^ relative to the cased vs flag issue. I don't get what's so difficult to understand about a flagged rifle muzzle up or down is the same as a holstered pistol. And I can manage the flag myself, no interaction with the RO required (unless they want to). One out of several clubs in our area now demand cased rifles. Sure, just what I want to do is put my cased gun in the dirt and monkey around getting it out of the case and then burdening the RO with the case at the start. Then a repeat of that at "clear". This is senseless. 

6 hours ago, TISCHLJ said:

I use a cart that I use for my three gun cart. I've had welcoming assist from other Shooters who are more than willing to meet me at or near the finish line with my cart so that I could cart my carbine in the appropriate manner.

Are you aware this isn't necessary?  Flag it when done shooting the stage, hold it muzzle up or down, follow the RO for target inspections, then take it to your cart wherever you left it.  Flagged rifle is a holstered gun so long as no one including yourself is swept with the muzzle.

I went back and reviewed our match results for the past several months and we have consistently had 20-25% of the shooters in each match shooting PCC.  When you consider that many of our folks rotate between PCC and Pistol and you have over 30% that have shot PCC this year.  

As for the bias, PCC is not alone.  I shoot a 9x25 Open gun and catch a lot of comments about how loud my gun is, particularly from the Limited/Production guys, but they often harass other Open shooters too.  Generally, they comment on anything that is different than what they choose to do.  Once the PCC became so popular, many of the same people making comments tried shooting PCC and have continued.  People generally resist change, but they will accept it as it becomes obvious that it is not going away.

To paraphrase the Borg, "We are the PCC shooters. Lower your emotional shields and surrender your pistols. We will add your Glock mags and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your pistol culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.”

Edited by XD Niner

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. Can't get no respect at all with a pcc. 

We get a lot of "shooting rifles in pistol matches is stupid"  or "why can't there just be pcc matches". Or "it's dumb because it easier"

Guys need to be happy people show up to let the sport continue and let it grow. 

1 hour ago, XD Niner said:

To paraphrase the Borg, "We are the PCC shooters. Lower your emotional shields and surrender your pistols. We will add your Glock mags and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your pistol culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.”

How I wish there was a "Like" button to hit.

40 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Remember when we ((. Me. )) went to a match with a 625 six shot rev.and first stage had seven or eight shots from one view..

or speed shoot with four paper targets and two steel,and you had to reload before you engage the steel..

But PCC where I shoot , we only have 4-6 in a match . 

9 minutes ago, EEH said:

Remember when we ((. Me. )) went to a match with a 625 six shot rev.and first stage had seven or eight shots from one view..

or speed shoot with four paper targets and two steel,and you had to reload before you engage the steel..

But PCC where I shoot , we only have 4-6 in a match . 

Not sure why it shows up as a quote from me (I'm not a Match Dirrector).  It was actually posted by Maximis228 earlier.

4 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Not sure why it shows up as a quote from me (I'm not a Match Dirrector).  It was actually posted by Maximis228 earlier.

The wonders of the Internet ,,or me !,