Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting slugs through a choked barrel?

Cuz

Hello All,

I'm currently running an IC choke in my Stoeger M3K. Is it ok to shoot rifled slugs with that choke? I have a bunch of Remington Managed Recoil Slugger, rifles slugs. I'd like to be able to shoot them. Will it cause any problems?

Thanks,

Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Hello All,

I'm currently running an IC choke in my Stoeger M3K. Is it ok to shoot rifled slugs with that choke? I have a bunch of Remington Managed Recoil Slugger, rifles slugs. I'd like to be able to shoot them. Will it cause any problems?

Thanks,

Cuz

You can shoot them through a full choke if you want, it  won't hurt the gun.

So I went to the range today and shot 10 reduced recoil slugger rifled slugs and they were right on at 50-75 yards.  They were all hitting within about an 8 inch circle which is great for me.  There didn't seem to be any problems at all.

Thanks for the info everyone.

-Cuz.

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

So I went to the range today and shot 10 reduced recoil slugger rifled slugs and they were right on at 50-75 yards.  They were all hitting within about an 8 inch circle which is great for me.  There didn't seem to be any problems at all.

Thanks for the info everyone.

-Cuz.

You may find that other brands shoot much better than that. 

You may find that other brands shoot much better than that. 

No matter what slugs I use, as long as it's me pulling the trigger there will always be a handicap to consider...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 7:39 AM, Dan Sierpina said:

You can shoot them through a full choke if you want, it  won't hurt the gun.

What he said.  Try shooting slugs through all you looser chokes CYC, SK, IC, LM, M to see if any of them don't shoot slugs well or which chokes shoot slugs best.  Chances are you'll come across a stage where you'll want to use any of those for the stage and still need to shoot a few slugs in between.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:17 AM, Cuz said:

Hello All,

Thanks,

Cuz

those slugs work fine, but sight you slugs in with every choke to make sure when at a match you will know where they hit