Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat triggers

CrashDodson

I have owned several 2011's and they have all had flat triggers.  I like them but cant really compare them to anything else.  Anyone shot a 2011 with both flat and curved triggers and comment on your preference?  I would like to try one of the new x-line vario triggers but they only have curved in stock 

I have tried flat, curved, and Enos curve.  

For me, I had issues with the curve and enos with my finger hitting the trigger earlier than expected due to the length of pull changing depending on where the finger lands on it after a reload for example.

the flat is consistent length of pull from top to bottom so if your finger came in a little high or low it doesn't change anything.  Much more consistent for me.

Never could get constant finger placement with the standard curved trigger. Switched to short flat and things got better. Still had issues with my finger dragging the top or bottom of the trigger guard. I am now using X-Line Convex Vario. My finger seems to find the center of the trigger 99% of the time and I have much more control with long deliberate shots. 

IMG_0302.JPG

Does anyone know where I can find one the X-line Varios with the longer flat shoe? Seem to be out of stock everywhere. Thought I had a line on one but it ended up falling through....

I like the curve better than the flat myself. My finger seems to find the same spot on the trigger each time. 

It's basically a preference call. I can't see where one or the other will make you a better shooter once the buzzer goes off. 

I have tried deep curved, shallow curved, curved only at the bottom, flat and EGW 'E' triggers.  I find I get the most accuracy and consistency with the flat and the EGW E.  With the E, you know instantly if you are off center by a bit.

17 hours ago, scooterj said:

Never could get constant finger placement with the standard curved trigger. Switched to short flat and things got better. Still had issues with my finger dragging the top or bottom of the trigger guard. I am now using X-Line Convex Vario. My finger seems to find the center of the trigger 99% of the time and I have much more control with long deliberate shots. 

IMG_0302.JPG

can't seem to find this trigger anymore .   always out of stock 

On 8/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, scooterj said:

The Gepperts were on an extended vacation. I'll try to contact them to check on availability. 

them germans taking a extended vacation , shame on them.  J/k  good for them . so is atlas their exclusive US guy or they still doing direct?

On 8/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, Sandbagger123 said:

them germans taking a extended vacation , shame on them.  J/k  good for them . so is atlas their exclusive US guy or they still doing direct?

Europeans love their vacations. They all seem to take 60 day trips. I say this as one with in-laws from southern Italy, where nobody seems to work.