Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Paper Targets

CrashDodson

15 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

Alco Targets have really good perfs, and very reasonable shipping. I just used some Comp-Tac targets (yes the holster guys) and their perfs were great, but the shipping was more.

The perfs on the comptac targets really stands out and was reasonable on shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind the below USPSA rule. If you want super heavy perforation lines the target still needs to adhere to the below rule. On another note, most of the Colorado Front Range clubs use the cardboard targets from American Target and they have solid perforations that make it easy to score. I have seen cardboard targets from other vendors where the perforations are super faint and it makes scoring them very difficult even if you are only a few inches from the target looking for it. The American Target cardboard USPSA targets are NOT like that.

4.2.2 - Paper  targets  must  have  scoring  lines  and  non-scoring  borders  clearly marked on the face of the target, however, scoring lines and non-scoring borders should not be visible beyond a distance of 33 feet. The scoring zones reward power in USPSA matches.

The picture above is from American target.  The perfs are visible but not that great.  

That is such an odd rule too.  If your looking for perfs and holes your losing anyway.  

Edited by CrashDodson

From Troy:

Troy McManus

Target policy changed to allow through-perfs in all zones, to eliminate the very light, almost un-scoreable perforations we were seeing with some vendors. The non-scoring borders have been visible beyond 33 feet on some targets for a long time, due to being thru-perfed. The new allowance should make it less expensive to produce targets, which should, in time, be passed along to the consumer. I intended to issue a clarification/interpretation on that rule when the policy went into effect, but there were some issues with the ruling system at the time, and it slipped my mind. The more distinct perforations will make target scoring faster and easier as well. I looked at a set a while back, at 33 feet, and the lines, to my eyes, were barely distinquishable. I'm not entirely sure of the provenance of that rule, anyway--if anyone can tell me why that was a restriction, I'd like to hear it.

• 2 weeks later...