Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Minor

Ray_Z

Curious as to what you use to load 9mm minor. I've used solo 1000 for a lot of years with good results. Now that I'm almost out and can't find it, I' looking for a replacement.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddot with 155s takes very little, but bulky for ease of viewing, fairly clean

Titegroup or Bullseye with 147s, meter well, little dirty

Bullseye with 133s, probably my most accurate to date

I'd still like to mess with American Select, E3, Cleanshot and others, so many choices.

Alliant American Select is the functional equivalent to Solo 1000.  What one does, the other does as well.  I have about 5 lbs. of Solo 1000 left, only because I stopped using it for shotshells and hoarded it for 45 ACP Major loads.  Am Sel is hard to find in 8 lb jugs, but it is available.  Try a 1 lb and see what you think.

- WSF

- WST (new load for me but I already love it)

- Titegroup

All three are accurate and meter well but WST seems to be far cleaner than the other two powders (147gr projectile).

Edited by 4n2t0

Seem like a lot of best powder threads lately. Bottom line is there are lots of good choices and each camp has their favorites. I've been a long time titegroup user for my competition loads. Agree that Prima V appears to be the new hotness. Just ordered a batch myself with the Grafs promo running, but have not actually loaded any up to give first hand experiences. 

1 hour ago, RePete said:

Sure. You can. But I don't think it is ideal for Minor. Too slow burning. You have to use more powder, and still pressures will be low. Quite likely unburnt powder coming out of the barrel.

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, microham said:

Guys, Solo 1000 is no longer in production.

Bummer! 

Just passed Chrono with it at the Sanners Lake sectional on Friday:  3.4 grains of Solo 1000 under a Precision or Ibeji 147 grn coated bullet @ 1.120" (CZ SP-01).   875fps.

With Solo 100 gone, it looks as if I will have to switch to the 3 lbs or so of the old V V N-318 I bought years ago, then switch back to N-310 (which ought to be downright frightening at that short OAL).

On 8/10/2017 at 8:46 PM, TrackCage said:

Seem like a lot of best powder threads lately. Bottom line is there are lots of good choices and each camp has their favorites. I've been a long time titegroup user for my competition loads. Agree that Prima V appears to be the new hotness. Just ordered a batch myself with the Grafs promo running, but have not actually loaded any up to give first hand experiences. 

Since this thread is still alive and I've now had the chance to try the Prima V I ordered, let me tell you... it's great. Shoots softer than titegroup and uses basically the same weight charge. Throw in that it was cheaper and free hazmat promo when I bought it... no brainer.

Curious as to what you use to load 9mm minor. I've used solo 1000 for a lot of years with good results. Now that I'm almost out and can't find it, I' looking for a replacement.

I've switched to ramshot competition I believe that is what is replacing solo 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk