Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P over travel

xpierrat

I have noticed that on some of the new performance center models that they now have an over travel screw... is this something that can be legally be added to an older non PC model used in say CO? 

QZbs0Rn.jpg

It's also very easy to add an internal overtravel stop to an M&P,  if you can find a buddy with a welder.

Mine has .005" overtravel and it feels amazing in dryfire.

In operation on match day or during live fire drills, however, it feels exactly the same. I probably wouldn't sweat it unless you just like to tinker.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

hGPJfvx.jpgMemphis I had seen your "weld" mod on a previous post and was intrigued but would like to use the adjustment of a screw. Thanks for responding.

Waktaz I Believe that the list has the regular M&P of course and towards the end is the part that ported models can be used but must change to a unported barrel....  So I was hoping to find someone who has made the changes and is using the gun with no problems as far as being legal .  Thanks for your responseOkrDVDy.jpg

Edited by xpierrat

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Well what I was telling you, politely, was that it isn't really worth doing. But hey. Knock yourself out.

Interesting question about the modifications being USPSA legal.

There are very few RO's who would know the difference when looking at the gun at a match. (the world doesn't revolve around S&W) I would maybe notice, but I have a lot of M&P time. Personally I would let it pass unless I saw a ruling on it, mainly for the reason that MM said, it really isn't worth doing. But then again, that's my opinion. Maybe you should shoot Troy an email over on the USPSA site and see what he says. (as the can of worms slowly creaks open :wacko:).

• 2 weeks later...

Response I got back on 2/2/16:

Yes, the list specifies that ported models can be used, provided the barrel was not ported, and the CORE handguns are on the list.  The performance center CORE models are approved.

Troy

Troy McManus
Director, NROI

On 2/1/2016 12:23 PM, Lamb, Kevin wrote:

Troy

I see the S&W production/ CO list was updated with

All ported models of approved guns are approved for use in Production and Carry Optics, as long as the barrel is not ported.

Does this cover the M&P  CORE performance center ported models as being USPSA production / CO legal, provided the ported barrel is replaced? I know I asked  S&W to certify them to you a few months ago just wondering if this good to go now as they (S&W) consider it a CORE.

Thanks,

Kevin L

FY24902