Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I got my M&P 9L PC Core this weekend

kmanick

So far I'm loving it, I just about have the Red dot dialed in .

at 25 feet shooting pretty quickly, I emptied a mag and a 1/2.

Easily the best I've ever shot (any gun) in my entire life.

day%202%2025%20feet%20rapid%20fire_zpstt

that was after about 150 rounds on Saturday (when I got it) and another 100 on sunday (yes I went a little nuts :))

I'm wondering what ammo to use though. I was using Blazer Brass 124 (here in this pic I was using American Eagle 124).

I also tried lawman 124gr and some Fiocchi 124. I also had a box of Geco 115 but I had a couple of FTF's with it so I punted on it.

i was surprised to discover that Blazer, and Lawman is copper plated ammo and you shouldn't use it in ported barrels.

I'm not sure about American Eagle yet, the Federal standard is also a no no.

what ammo are you guys using ? (I don't have time to reload my own so I need some "off the shelve")

I'm hoping someone is still making "real" fully Jacketed rounds.

Anyone?

Edited by kmanick

I've my M&P too. Before I reloaded I shot around 9000 Magtech 115 grain FMJ. Since then I have several thousand more rounds of plated bullets. Now playing with coated lead. I have had no problems with the barrel. Magtech has never had a malfunction in my M&P it was an excellent factory ammo.

52 minutes ago, ckfarris said:

Nice. What red dot are you running?

As for loads, most of what I shoot are my reloads.  My local stores carry American eagle so if I have to buy any, it is usually that.

I got the PC core with the SHIELD SIGHTS SMS-4MOA MiniSight already installed :)

It seems to be pretty good so far, I'd like to play around with the Burris fast fire and the vortex venom

to see if there is any discernable difference, but this is really my first foray into using these things.

A friend at the club has a Ruger Mark III with a red dot on it and I shot the hell out of it a couple of weeks ago and decided "I need one" for myself :) 

2 hours ago, RRWW said:

I've my M&P too. Before I reloaded I shot around 9000 Magtech 115 grain FMJ. Since then I have several thousand more rounds of plated bullets. Now playing with coated lead. I have had no problems with the barrel. Magtech has never had a malfunction in my M&P it was an excellent factory ammo.

several other people have suggested MAgtech to me as well. I had some issues with their 115gr with my shield (FTF)

but I guess I should try some with this larger gun. I have historically shot 124gr  out of my compacts , I wonder if I'd be liking

115 gr more out of a ported 5" barrel.

Sellier and Bellot is another brand that has been mentioned to me. A rep from Fiocchi is checking for me with their ammo

Edited by kmanick
some additional info

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to be cautious of using 115 grain off the shelf - through my M&P Pro 5" I was not able to consistently make power factor with some of the off the shelf loads. Many were in the 124PF range. Just keep this in mind for if you are going to a match where there will be chronoing.