Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from Tampa Fl

MustangMan

I have been wanting to get into doing some 3-gun/multigun competitions lately. I picked up a Stoeger m3k, got an MOA +6 extended mag tube, MOA follower, and stage saver extra shell holder. I already have a Sig P320 full size that I'll use for the pistol, neither of my current AR's have a brake and I have a hard time keeping them on target shot to shot so since I have spare lowers and parts I'll build an AR just for this use. Plus it's an excuse to build another AR lol.

No I have zero competition experience. A training instructor I've used in the past does a 2 day 3-gun class I plan on taking, first day is training/practice/learning at his home range and the 2nd day is a local 3-gun competition with us(class attendees like 3 people) on his squads so he can coach us and help us.

7 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Wow, I'm looking for such an instructor.   Who are you using?   (I'm 60 miles east of you).

The instructor I'm using is Joseph Farewell, search Farewell Firearms Training, he is in Lake Wales so pretty close to you.

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Thanks for the tip.  

Is Joe teaching rifle, pistol and shotgun?   Pretty good ?  Reasonable?

Here is the description from his last 3 gun class.

"Cut your learning curve or sharpen your skills! See your results immediately by training and then shooting an actual match the following day!

Saturday will be at the Farewell Firearms Training facility in Lake Wales. We will spend around 8 hours on the range working hard on shooting, movement, and competitive concepts. Lunch and drinks included. 

Sunday will be at the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club monthly 3-gun match (entry fee included in tuition). We will squad together and focus on stage breakdown while implementing the drills and training from the day before. 

Class size is extremely limited to ensure all participants get the most out of the training! Spread the word! $300 for both days."

I'm positive it includes all 3 as he is pretty in depth, I did a Carbine class with him that was fun and informative so I'm sure the longer 3-gun class would be even better.