Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do to a used 2011 before shooting

Mushki25

1 hour ago, MikieM said:

Times change. When I was 19 me and two buddies took off from Springfield, and headed for Gary, Indiana, to watch the Drag races at the U.S. 30 Drag Strip. The Chitown Hustler was going to be there along with several other big-name cars. After a 9, or so, hour drive we pulled into the gates and it was pouring rain.

Saddened, yes, but with stiff upper lips we stopped at the first burger joint we saw, fueled up on cheeseburger and fries, then topped off the gas tank and radiator and headed home with WLS, and Dick Biondy, on the radio.

I would give anything to be able to do it all again.

Go get that gun. Stop along the way and fuel up on cheeseburgers. Read a few historical markers. Carpe diem. :)

Gas was how much back then? 

A road trip with friends is always a blast, but that kind of drive by yourself can be a bit taxing. 

If you've already arranged to do the transaction in person then see if there are any good places to eat along the way and at least enjoy the trip as much as you can. 

Sounds like a sweet deal on the gun though. 

14 minutes ago, KrymSIX said:

Gas was how much back then? 

A road trip with friends is always a blast, but that kind of drive by yourself can be a bit taxing. 

If you've already arranged to do the transaction in person then see if there are any good places to eat along the way and at least enjoy the trip as much as you can. 

Sounds like a sweet deal on the gun though. 

Taxing, yes, but with a handful of CD's from back-in-the-day, and something cool to drink it shouldn't be too bad. 

Gas was, I believe, 19.9 cents per gallon. The occasional gas war would flair up (one distributor against another) and we'd see 17.9 for a couple of weeks.

For five bucks you could put a dollar in the gas tank, take your girl to the Drive-in movie, and stop of at the local Steak and Shake.

Later on, of course, you would head to the B&W (bushes and weeds).  :o

Those were the days! But I don't miss those cranky cars back then. I remember driving to work through the week and then working half the weekend on the car. I had to laugh when MikieM said he gassed up and add water to the radiator. Who does that these days?

Edited by 72stick

I handled it today and picked up everything but the gun itself.  Apparently it's a felony to private transfer a firearm to someone residing in a different state.  I knew  I would only be getting the "add-ons" before I left.  Great guy.  Seven total mags, loaded rounds, holster, powder, and bullets.  I'm on the fence about pulling the bullets.  I know I'm going to dump or give away the powder that's open.  Gun has some holster wear but other than that it's in great shape.  Seller stated 1.75 pound crisp trigger.  I would say he's close if not correct. I will post photos later in the week once I pick it up from my ffl.

Edited by Mushki25

12 hours ago, Mushki25 said:

Quite the opposite which is why I am beginning to think I should just use them up.

Practice ammo and if you like the feel of the recoil and they are accurate, a very short road to finding the right load. Congrats again on the purchase!

13 minutes ago, Mushki25 said:

I am failing on the photos.  How do you do that on here?

I think from a phone you have to use tap a talk? I can't post pics from my phone so I email them to myself and go to the PC and download them. From there it's easy to post them

It does have the interchangeable breech face.  Triggers real nice.  A little roughed up on the appearance (holster wear) but I plan on using it so it will get worse.

Edited by Mushki25