Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzzle break for TikkaT3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor

S&W686

I just purchased a new Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor 24" SS.   If anyone owns this rifle could you recommend a good muzzle brake.  I was thinking about the Gen II Little Bastard. Thank you.

Edited by S&W686

I don't have a Tikka but I do have an RPR in 6.5 CM with the same barrel length.  I went with the JP recoil eliminator; the research I'd done said that it doesn't cut recoil as much as the little or fat bastards but eliminates more muzzle rise.  I wasn't too worried about the recoil of 6.5 and I wanted to be able to spot my own hits.  Compared to the original factory break, it was a slight improvement in recoil and a big improvement in muzzle rise; the rifle recoils straight back now and I can see impacts even at <100 yards.  It's LOUD though, I double up on ear pro when I shoot at my local range which has walls between each bench.

Thank you for your input.  I believe I will go with the Gen II Little Bastard since it is easy to put on and take off.  I want to make sure I order the correct size brake.  Since my Tikka is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor I believe I would need to order the .264/6.5mm brake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...