Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Personally I felt the match was too much gimmick and highly doubt I will shoot it again next year, I just didn't really care for the stages. I felt 2015 and 2016 were bad enough but still fun.

my issues with it were:

too many stages were track meets

the noodles were stupid

the swinging 3 target thing (I pulled it too softly so maybe my fault but I don't like it)

the stage you started holding the rope was screwed for a lefty

I shot the IL sectional this weekend and I felt it was a far better shooting challenge

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, Gooldylocks said:

These are some of the most ridiculous stages I have ever seen. There was no hard cover, no no-shoots.. just ridiculous circus props. There is no way that they could justify procedurals for the tires. Safety smafety, lets make people run through a carwash of floaties that the ROs can't see into! Activator rope that doesn't present the same target to every shooter, or even the same amount of force to activate? Why not, it's all good here! 

This game is supposed to be a shooting challenge. Not a track meet, not an obstacle course. I appreciate that there were options. But it certainly wasn't because of challenges on the shot difficulty. 

We're evidently the minority, you and I, in feeling this way.....

I enjoyed it...

I enjoyed last year a lot as well. But I have always enjoyed stages with variety, and matches that bring out the "athlete" in me.

I vote keep it up, matches can get monotonous nowadays, nothing wrong with building its own reputation i.e. Florida Open.

Edited by bluedevil008

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:49 PM, CJDOUBLETAP said:

I enjoy the props that make this match unique and unlike any other. If you cant step out of a 12" high tire or are scared to fall off a 5' tall roof with a loaded gun, maybe this match just isn't for you.

Area 3 has had gimmick props and raised wood platforms ever since it moved to Grand Island.  I'm not sure why people that don't like this stuff sign up for the match year after year, and bitch about it year after year..

A large portion of the DQ's were caused by pulling a rope to drop a hard cover wall. The rope was EXTREMELY hard to pull and caused most shooters that chose to pull it to fly backwards when the pin dropping the hard cover wall finally popped out. That is my only criticism of the stages.

The speed in which the activator rope was pulled on the random swinger thing seemed to have an effect on how it was presented on the first "pass." That was in the shooters control, so I'm cool with that.

IMO, best assessment so far. I dig the "novelty" of this match. If I wanted to shoot the same major match over and over, I'd never leave PASA Park.