Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore on Android TV device

CrashDodson

This was not my original idea, I saw it on facebook.  We had an android tablet with a bluetooth keyboard we were using for our "Master" tablet and for sign in at the match.  The bluetooth keyboard was small and worked sometimes.  The tablet had been giving me a little trouble.  I recently replaced all of our scoring tablets with new HD fires.  

I ordered a generic android tv device "A95X" from amazon for $27 and a 22" monitor for $80.  The android device has two USB ports, a network interface, HDMI and wireless.

I hooked up the device to the monitor/keyboard/mouse, ran through the setup which was very easy, and had practiscore running on it in about 5 minutes.  You just log into the google play store with your account and download practiscore.  Using a full size keyboard and monitor is going to make sign up and changes so much easier at the range and gives options for displaying scores after the match.  You could easily duplicate the HDMI signal to a cheap TV mounted somewhere to display scores.  

android1.jpg

android2.jpg

android3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If you could grab a touchscreen monitor cheap (resolution doesn't really matter), and if that would actually work with the android stb, that would be one hell of a thing to have in the "clubhouse" at major matches. Self-service scores. No more "hey, can I take a look at Stage 36, I think I had an overall win". 

• 2 months later...