Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow or Shadow 2

Weever82

I started started USPSA with only 2 matches under my belt with my Glock 34 setup. I shoot it fine and its a nice rig but after playing with a CZ Shadow 1-2 I knew it was love at first grip.

I want to keep my 34 for backup and build another rig. With that said... Should I go Accu Shadow or Shadow 2? I felt both and couldn't tell much difference (I am a noob) but can get a better deal on an accu Shadow right now. But if the Shadow 2 is truly better I will just get that one. I am no gunsmith besides the easy basic safety swap/guide rod/polish.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for reading!

Maybe this is blasphemy but I think the AccuShadow is a better gun. If you buy a S2 you'll end up also buying a CGW upgrade kit just to get it to feel like an AccuShadow. The larger S2 controls do nothing for me, the Shadow is already borderline too cramped as it is.

1 hour ago, 858 said:

Maybe this is blasphemy but I think the AccuShadow is a better gun. If you buy a S2 you'll end up also buying a CGW upgrade kit just to get it to feel like an AccuShadow. The larger S2 controls do nothing for me, the Shadow is already borderline too cramped as it is.

Yeah everyone says to get toe CGW 10X bushing. I guess for $60 its cheap enough upgrade.

1 hour ago, eerw said:

ACCU Shadow 2

Man those are sweet but about $700 more than the S2 or the Accu Shadow. And its not on the production list yet.

32 minutes ago, Weever82 said:

Yeah everyone says to get toe CGW 10X bushing. I guess for $60 its cheap enough upgrade.

And hammer, sear, disco, springs, ext firing pin, etc. 

32 minutes ago, cheby said:

I think anything is Production legal these days:) 

Yup. I do believe the DNROI/Oprah meme on Doodie pretty much covered it. 

I think that if your concern is about wanting to be the best shooter you can be, spend your money on a few cases of bullets and shoot a lot. If you aren't reloading yet then this story tells itself. 

If you genuinely feel that you will shoot a CZ better because of the grip/controls/etc, then sell the 34 and get a regular shadow with all the upgrades, but don't spend the money on an accu. The vast differences in grip shape and angle between the two guns makes using one as a backup pretty nonsensical to me. 

If your primary concern is about having a cool gun, then well.... I guess a Shadow 2 Accu is the newest hotness. 

4 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

Yup. I do believe the DNROI/Oprah meme on Doodie pretty much covered it. 

I think that if your concern is about wanting to be the best shooter you can be, spend your money on a few cases of bullets and shoot a lot. If you aren't reloading yet then this story tells itself. 

If you genuinely feel that you will shoot a CZ better because of the grip/controls/etc, then sell the 34 and get a regular shadow with all the upgrades, but don't spend the money on an accu. The vast differences in grip shape and angle between the two guns makes using one as a backup pretty nonsensical to me. 

If your primary concern is about having a cool gun, then well.... I guess a Shadow 2 Accu is the newest hotness. 

I don't care that it's cooler but that it fit me like italian leather seats instead of my Honda clown car cloth seats. Maybe cause I have smaller hands but I could grip higher and gun felt more stable than the Glock. I could reach the trigger and mag release easier also. Never thought it would be that big of a "WOW" difference holding it but it was night and day.

Ever send any CZ's to Angus at CZ Custom? I hear alot about them and they are like 5 minutes from my work.

Thanks for the input

I have an Accu, it's cool. Mine has the CZ-UB checkered grips. I think they are better than the rather extremely lame/slick CZC grip tape triangle grips, but I think doing it again I would go CZC aggressive checkered or more likely the VZ diamondbacks (hella gnarly aggressive). The CZC front sights leave much to be desired, as they are, in my mind, far too wide. I will be changing it to a Dawson, or seeing if CZC will do a custom width front for me (I have a friend who had one done, so I believe it is a possibility). I changed to a CGW 11.5 hammer spring, it feels much smoother (less stack/general creepiness in DA) than the CZC and it is lighter than whatever the gun came with (from what I understand, either a 13 or 15). The trigger in that gun with the CGW main spring..... wow. Pretty much incredible. 

I'm probably in the minority, but I still prefer my Accu Shadows over my Shadow 2.  Of course, I've shot my Accu's for probably three years vs just around 4 matches for the Shadow 2.  So a year out from now my opinion might change.  My S2 is a great gun with upgraded hammer, springs, Lok grips, even CGW internal bushing, but personally I still give my personal preference edge to my Accu.

If you can get a better deal on the S1 I'd say go that way.   If i didnt have either and had to buy and pay full price I'd go with the S2 probably. It's cheaper. Really only needs a hammer spring change. Comes with more stuff. 

You can't go wrong with either. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, Weever82 said:

I don't care that it's cooler but that it fit me like italian leather seats instead of my Honda clown car cloth seats. Maybe cause I have smaller hands but I could grip higher and gun felt more stable than the Glock. I could reach the trigger and mag release easier also. Never thought it would be that big of a "WOW" difference holding it but it was night and day.

Ever send any CZ's to Angus at CZ Custom? I hear alot about them and they are like 5 minutes from my work.

Thanks for the input

LOL, thats EERW above. They'll just sell you what you need already done, though I guess if you are close you can also pay them to work on your stuff.

the glock and the cz are too dissimilar to be back ups to each other. i would get the shadow 2. msrp vs msrp for the two guns the shadow 2 is cheaper and for a new shooter will need far less fiddling.

• 4 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 7:55 PM, Weever82 said:

Thanks for the input

I have a Shadow custom by CZC and the gun is amazing. 

On 8/2/2017 at 7:32 AM, JGus said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I still prefer my Accu Shadows over my Shadow 2.  Of course, I've shot my Accu's for probably three years vs just around 4 matches for the Shadow 2.  So a year out from now my opinion might change.  My S2 is a great gun with upgraded hammer, springs, Lok grips, even CGW internal bushing, but personally I still give my personal preference edge to my Accu.

So after shooting the Shadow 2 for awhile, i now definitely prefer it over Shadow 1. Took me a short while to adjust to the S2, but now i can't imagine shooting anything else in Production.