Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer Stock III

Jeff O

Got my P-Match Pro yesterday....took it to the range today....there are my thoughts on it.

I had my FFL order in a P-Match Pro and a regular P-Match for me  (and then 3 days later much to my surprise I found out about the Stock 1 )

First the regular P-Match
Opening the box on both of them and comparing them.....I did NOT like the regular P-Match (with the DA/SA trigger)
The DA/SA trigger to me does not feel like the trigger on a Stock 1, Stock II or Stock III.
The DA pull seemed heavier and the SA was a longer pull with quite a bit of creep and the reset was longer.
When I compared it to the P-Match PRO it felt different in my hands...do not know why....liked the feel of the Pro better.

So I passed on the regular P-Match.

The P-Match Pro

I LOVE this gun.

In terms of look and feel...to me it is very much like the Limited. (I posted a picture of it with a Limited and a Stock 1 to compare size and style)
It feels REALLY good in my hands.

The part that some people may not like is the aggressiveness of the checkering on the grip.  It feels like Velcro (but I like sandpaper grips)

What I really like is that I can really dig the palm of my left hand into it. (wish someone made grips like this for the rest of the Tanfo line)
The SA trigger is very much like the Limited but crisper and lighter.
The safety is shaved down, I am assuming this is to make it fit in the IDPA box.

I am VERY happy with the accuracy.
One gripe is the mag release,  it is somewhat sticky, I am hoping it will smooth out with use.

My plan for this gun is to run it in IDPA, tried to fit it in my Stock III Ghost holster.....no go...frame is just a bit too wide.
So finding a holster might be a challenge.

Finally....
Being a long term Glock fan, this is going to be hard for me to say but......This IMO is the best Poly gun I have ever shot.
I simply enjoy shooting it.
For me....this one is a KEEPER.

*** Note:  I measure my triggers from prepped state (slack taken up)...your mileage may vary.

P-Match with 3 TFs.JPG

Internals.JPG

Edited by DenverDave
More Data

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEADS UP.....
There is some confusion on the naming and which gun is which at EAA.
I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed......  the names are now flip -flopped and the website has been changed.

NOW....
The P-Match is the SA, with Magwell and no rail  and the P-Match Pro is the DA/SA with NO Magwell and it has a rail.

Note the picture of my box and gun.
It says P-Match Pro   SKU #600663
And I can confirm mine is a SA - No Rail and has a Magwell.

EAA has promised to contact me later today with the final word.

My box.jpg

Edited by DenverDave
updated info

IMPORTANT...READ BEFORE ORDERING A P-MATCH or P-MATCH PRO:
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL WORD FROM EAA : they just called me and said there was confusion between them and Italy on what the names for competition poly's would be. What you see on the website www.eeacorp.com is NOW CORRECT. So the names are now reverse of what they originally where called. the P-MATCH PRO has a  (DA/SA - has a rail - No magwell) the P-MATCH has a (SA- No rail-HAS magwell) The SKU numbers on the website are now correct. EAA apologizes for any confusion.

Edited by DenverDave
Update from EAA

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a P Match Pro in 38 super awhile back. My beef with EAA is they claimed it had an ambi safety (I'm left handed). It arrived without one. I called them, they said they'd send one out. A month later I called them again - they said "sorry" and that it would be forwarded to parts again. A month later (again) I call them again. Now they say it doesn't come with an ambi safety. I said that's not what their website said, they said it's been changed and I could buy one from them. I was ordering some stuff from another web site that had parts so I look on the EAA web site, get the part # (safety for poly guns) and order it with my other stuff. Gets here and it's the wrong safety. The poly guns have the CZ style metal tab that sits in a cut out in the frame, not the detent type. Apparently it's a -3 rather than a -1. Back to EAA to order a safety. Been 3 weeks now, have not heard anything on it yet. I've shot it just for fun and think it's great, but it's sitting in the safe as shoots go by waiting on a safety. 

How is disassembly different than the regular witness-p guns. I bought one of those for $200 as a test - take it apart - don't bugger up the good gun - how does this thing work - mule and didn't think it was that hard. 

On 9/25/2017 at 9:25 AM, DenverDave said:

HEADS UP.....
There is some confusion on the naming and which gun is which at EAA.
I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed......  the names are now flip -flopped and the website has been changed.

NOW....
The P-Match is the SA, with Magwell and no rail  and the P-Match Pro is the DA/SA with NO Magwell and it has a rail.

Note the picture of my box and gun.
It says P-Match Pro   SKU #600663
And I can confirm mine is a SA - No Rail and has a Magwell.

EAA has promised to contact me later today with the final word.

My box.jpg

Is this resolved? I really like the looks and availability. 

Looked where I gave purchased a few EAA guns and the P-Match Pro shown today is SA,has a Magwell, and no rail. 

Better than a Glock is saying a lot. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, waktasz said:

I've heard these are a real nightmare to work on. How do you get the hammer out? Looks like there's no hammer pin where I'd expect it

Since it appears to be the same as the Witness-P, the small pin at the top of the grip comes out and the hammer, strut, spring and pin comes out in 1 contoured metal assembled parts group. (Think of a Glock trigger housing) . But in full disclosure, I have not taken apart the P-match. I have taken apart the Witness-P. The pins look to be in the same place so I'm figuring the rest is similar. 

1 hour ago, k80clay said:

Since it appears to be the same as the Witness-P, the small pin at the top of the grip comes out and the hammer, strut, spring and pin comes out in 1 contoured metal assembled parts group. (Think of a Glock trigger housing) . But in full disclosure, I have not taken apart the P-match. I have taken apart the Witness-P. The pins look to be in the same place so I'm figuring the rest is similar. 

and the rest is similar

much easier than hk and rest german made guns.

• 4 weeks later...

New CZ-style owner here (new to forum.) I bought a Witness P Match Pro based on hoping for a few things:

1. Light(er) (supposedly 30.4 oz, according to EAA's specs.)  Not true. 38 Super P Match Pro with empty mag is 34.1 oz, and 3.7 oz matter to me.

2. Halfway decent trigger. Meh. I'm used to 1911's or a very nifty APEX tactical aftermarket trigger/sear for M&P Shield; both platforms offer very short trigger pulls and very short trigger resets, and the Witness trigger is notchy in SA and reset is...l-o-n-g. I'm going to need to play the "fix-the-trigger" game.

3. "high cap" for 38 Super-sized cartridges. You bet. As far as I know, the next step up from this $600 17-rd pistol is something more like an STI 2011 costing three or four times more.

4. I hoped to run 9x23 Win out of it, even if I had to get a 9x19 barrel reamed. This one surprised me (full explanation follows.)

As you all know, the 9x23 is the straight-walled auto pistol cartridge delivering 357 mag ballistics. 

There seems some controversy regarding the Witness' capability of handling the 55,000 psi 9x23, and I do note that the walls of the chamber are far thinner than a 1911 chambered in either 9x23 or 38 Super. But I'm letting that one go for now.

The weird part is this: The chamber of the Tangfolio 38 Super is larger than either a Colt 38 Super (vintage 1970's) or a Springfield Armory factory-stock 9x23 Win. Fired cartridges coming out of the latter two measure .390 on the case body ahead of the case head. Fired cartridges coming out of the Witness measure .393 or .394, so that unsized (fired) cases from the other two guns drop into the Witness with room to spare. I do worry that case life will suffer from more working of the brass due to that sloppy chamber on the Witness.

I figure if the Witness can run full power 10mm (where Power Factors can be 220 or more), surely it can handle 9x23 where Power Factors max out around 200 (a 147gr JHP in the mid-1300's fps is no slouch, right?)

I ordered a 16lb Wolff recoil spring for the P Match Pro and figure if I can get the SA trigger to be at least passable, I'll be happy. Loaded with 10 rounds in the mag it's the same weight as an all-steel 1911 empty. A nice balance between power, weight and easy shooting.

Any observations from those who know far more about this platform? Thanks!