Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lucas Oil PCC World Championship

On 9/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, fishhunter3 said:

I don't know about the rules, but when you're warned about it on day 1 and told to fix it and you don't, and just ignore the RM, what would expect to happen. I was glad to see that the match officials would DQ a top shooter this never seems to happen in other big matches with the top shooters, look at  what happened at area 3 this year as just one example and I know there are others

Not sure what matches you attend. I've seen top shooters DQd from just about every type of match I've gone to.  I've also seen people, top, bottom or in the middle get a pass on stuff that should have been a DQ because the RO missed it, wasn't in the right position, blinked at the wrong time or just wasn't sure. I have yet in all that time seen a match fail to DQ someone because of who they are. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I feel it my duty to take a contrarian position to anything posted by Chuck.  In this case I will instead just make the comment that if Mr. Anderson would have just taken the blue pill this whole ordeal would have been avoided.

wow.

that was some entertaining reading.

If ANY pcc can be made to bump fire. ( by some one who knows how to get the trigger to do it...)

and

it is past the ability of anyone to tell a burst from a bump

then

to solve the problem of improper DQs,  you can only ban the type of weapons that can bumpfire.

ahem, before the match.

any thing else becomes... theater.  it looks good but is not reality.

miranda

Personally, if the contestant can demonstrate "bump fire" on demand and also show that it will perform normally I'd think that should do it.  The fact that someone else can make the firearm do something "illegal" really has no bearing on the situation.  I've never seen an RO, CRO or MD demand to test a contestants firearm.  Not saying it hasn't happened, just that I've never personally seen it done.

• 2 weeks later...
wow.
that was some entertaining reading.

If ANY pcc can be made to bump fire. ( by some one who knows how to get the trigger to do it...)
and
it is past the ability of anyone to tell a burst from a bump
then
to solve the problem of improper DQs,  you can only ban the type of weapons that can bumpfire.
ahem, before the match.

any thing else becomes... theater.  it looks good but is not reality.

miranda

Almost any semi auto that has recoil can me made to bumpfire.

No gun bump fires with regular shooting, including his. That's why he shot a round a piece at the steel. To bump fire, even with a slide fire stock you have to try to do it or shoot with poor fundamentals to do it by accident.

To me, it sound like a new rule is needed. The ability to bump fire does not make a firearms dangerous, as most semi's can do it.

On the other hand, bump firing a blowback gun is not safe. Unlike the DI guns, blowback ar's will fire out of battery and you get pieces of brass flying everywhere.