Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Action Po1 shopping list

Mike62

I recently bought a full steel Po1 that I would like to use for IDPA CCP division.  Since I can start locked and cocked I do not see a reason to maintain the DA functionality.

Below is my current purchase list, let me know if you would recommend any changes.  Thanks.

EZ/D 9-40 Fiber Optic Sight Set $87.00
$87.00
× Newest-CGW-Website-037-73x73.jpg SRS-2 Short Reset System $72.00
$72.00
× 1485-T2-Disconector-73x55.jpg 1485-T2 Disconnector $38.00
$38.00
× Newest-CGW-Website-0991-73x73.jpg RP-TRS Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring $7.00
$7.00
× Newest-CGW-Website-173-73x73.jpg 14RSC 14# Compact Recoil Spring $6.00
$6.00
× New-Website-2-022-73x73.jpg 6SAO Single Action Aluminum Trigger $42.00

$42.00

If I were you, I’d get the Production Legal Kit and replace the hammer and everything in one fell swoop.

Are you trying to go Single Action with the flat trigger? If so, you don’t need the T2 disconnector as this is a Double Action part. The T2 disconnector essentially pulls the hammer into the cocked position when you squeeze the trigger in Double Action.

I helped a friend convert his SP-01 to Single action, but we could not get rid of the pretravel as the sear refused to reset in Single Action reliably, so there’s a bit of take-up that honestly should have been left with both DA/SA functionality.

Haven’t worked on a decocker model, but perhaps someone can chime in on that functionality.

Souper,

Yes I am trying to go single action only.  I didn't see a need for the full package since many of those parts are aimed at helping the da pull.thanks for the gouge on the disco.

Souper,

Yes I am trying to go single action only.  I didn't see a need for the full package since many of those parts are aimed at helping the da pull.thanks for the gouge on the disco.

I just wrote this yesterday on another post. I feel that the hammer is worth changing specifically to the hammer cuts, changing out the sear and the trigger isn’t going to do much if you want a better trigger pull, either in DA or SA.

The most gain you will get for a crisper trigger is the hammer, specifically the cut of the hammer hooks. With a stock ring style hammer, the hammer cuts are in a way where there is a camming action before the shot breaks. Instead of “letting go” and releasing the hammer when you pull the trigger, the hammer actually travels back (towards the beavertail) a bit before it gets released. Competition/Race hammers or even recut ring hammers minimize/eliminate this.

In the grand scheme of things, the stock sear is the “cheapest” part to file down and fit ($20) vs the actual safety assembly ($75+). This can be a tedious process to fit; the Cajun Adjustable Sear is really convenient to have. And it looks shinier and nicer, too.

For SAO, there's no hammer better than this one: https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/40108_concealed-hammer-sa-only

With a good hammer, the hammer spring weight has little to do with the SA trigger pull weight, light springs only make the break mushier.  You can achieve a sub 2# SA pull with the stock hammer spring so there isn't much need for an extended firing pin, nor light return spring.  The reduced power trigger return spring also makes it slightly less crisp, so you might skip that one too.

If I were you I'd change the sights, hammer, trigger and polish everything.

Speaking of the trigger, that one is very flat with square edges, I prefer this one:

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/triggers/cz-75-sa-aluminum-trigger-factory-custom.html

10 minutes ago, Mike62 said:

Perhaps a stupid question but that hammer says "TS/CZECHMATE ONLY" , will it work in my PO1?

It's been years since I owned a P01, does it have a narrow gap in the back of the slide or a full with one? This is a full width hammer, I have opened up the gap with a file, I've also seen the hammer narrowed.  If it does have a narrow gap, a narrow hammer would just drop in.

I think that calling this model a "P-01" is confusing. While this is not factory terminology for this model allot of folks are calling it a "SP-01 Compact". You could also refer to it as a "Compact steel frame safety model".  This may cause less confusion.

Edited by Tok36

6 hours ago, Mike62 said:

The notch is .280 wide.  Unless there is a huge difference I would prefer a hammer that I didn't have to modify.  What's the best single action option?

In that case either the CGW: https://cajungunworks.com/product/manual-safety-stainless-steel-hammer/

Or CZC: https://czcustom.com/products/cz-sa-da-sa-only-competition-hammer.html

Edited by kneelingatlas

Race hammer for a SP01 manual safety: https://cajungunworks.com/product/manual-safety-stainless-steel-hammer/ 

I'd recommend a Cajun sear, hammer pin, and Cajun trigger pin. You can skip the disco that's on your list, either leave the disco out or reuse the factory since it will just be taking space and not functioning.

Edited by 858

Thanks everyone for the help.  Here is what my cart currently looks like.  I added a bigger safety as I was have problems activating the current one in dry fire. Appreciate any other advice.

14RSC 14# Compact Recoil Spring $6.00
$6.00
× New-Website-2-022-73x73.jpg 6SAO Single Action Aluminum Trigger $42.00
$42.00
× IMG_1347-73x73.jpg 01606LH Left Safety for Shadow 2 and Tac Sport $35.00
$35.00
× RHK-73x73.jpg RHK Race Hammer Kit $123.00
$123.00
× New-Website-2-046-73x73.jpg HPIN Hammer Pin $2.50
$5.00
× IMG_0854-73x73.jpg TR-PIN Floating Trigger Pin $13.00
$13.00

Some of us on the CZ Forum have been down this road.

One of the other guys built a really nice looking one and the more I looked at that thread the better it looked and I had to do it, too.

Mine has the CGW 

match barrel bushing

race hammer and adjustable sear

floating trigger pin with reduced power trigger return spring

Tactical Sport left/right side safeties

15# hammer spring

reduced power firing pin block spring

The disconnector was removed

Meprolight night sights

Cajun Gun Works was out of stock on the straight trigger so I ordered mine from CZ USA.

The only part I stoned/polished was the outsides of the trigger bar where it slides against the inside of the frame.

SA trigger pull dropped from a draggy/gritty 5.5 lbs. to a nice crisp 2.5 lbs. (which may get better as it breaks in as I've not gotten around to shooting it yet.

IMG_0732.JPG

Edited by M1A4ME