Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical R12Q vs 12Q?

Hello,

I'm looking to try out an Invictus Practical shell holder but the more I look over their website the more confused I get.  I'm not really experienced to know exactly what I want other than I currently load duals, but would like the option to convert gear for quads if I ever find time to practice.  Can someone tell me what is the difference between the R12Q and the 12Q holders?  I can't seem to figure it out other than the back piece it's attached to.

The only thing I seem to know for sure at this time is that I want it to attach to my belt, and be able to hold shells vertical or horizontal so I can experiment with positions on belt and strong or weak hand loading.

Also, is there a preferred place to buy their gear?  Direct from them or are there other options?

Thanks,

-Cuz

Edited by Cuz

The R12Q has a square frame that secures all the shell holders.  The 12Q is just cross bars that are attached to the main piece that's attached to your belt.  I had a 12Q it wasn't a big fan because each cross bar moved around if I wasn't careful taking the shells out.  I wound up in the bottom of my bag and rarely got used.  I recently got the kit to convert my 12Q into the R12Q and now I love it.  I would highly recommend the R12Q.  I mainly use two 2.8 caddies but add the R12Q when there's a high shotgun round count stage.  

As far as purchase, I bought it all from them directly and didn't have any problems.  

Thanks for the quick response.  After further research, I may just pick up their 10D set up for duals and work with that.  I don't know if I'll ever get enough time to practice quad loads and the shells look a bit too close together on the R12Q to load duals.

- Cuz