Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1 cartridge drop lever question

JWBaldree

Should the cartridge drop lever have any side to side play on the trigger pack? I get an occasional double feed, or an occasional shell feeds but the lifter doesn't lift malfunction. I replaced the lifter spring when I added a TTI lifter in March, along with a new factory action spring. Only other modification is a Nordic extended tube and follower with about 13" of spring length past the tube. The carrier latch is stone stock and has not been tuned, tweaked or whatever. I started looking and noticed the play in the cartridge drop lever. is that normal for the part or something I need to replace? Thanks in advance.

Not too aggressively. There is about .05 of the follower protruding past the front of the receiver port. Serial number side of port has been lowered about .125, other side about .225.3a5d763e45ca6a6e2130c1ec195979b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 things.

1: The port may have been opened up too much allowing the shell rim too much lateral playing, allowing the shells to "slip past" the carrier latch.

2: the carrier latch has gotten bent from lots of practice quad loading. I have noticed this in many of the quad loaded guns, which is caused by the nose of the shell hitting the end of the latch due to angle of loading.

3: lifter not lifting with a shell on it occasionally is caused by the sharp shelf at the back of the carrier latch.

Shell drop lever can and does wobble a little, mine has over 300,000 rounds on it. This isn't your problem