Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best mag setup STI or MBX

frankge

Need to order additional mags, what are some opinions for 9mm 170 mags. MBX complete or "new" STI with grams guts and Dawson SNL BP? The price difference is 20 bucks so not a great consideration.

MBX have worked at a higher rate across multiple guns for me than the highly tuned STI mags I had. The new STI mags I know nothing about. Just pick something and go realizing both may need massaging in your gun/s. 

My MBX mags are perfect out of the box. Tried and true. I have lots of them. STI and Para. 9mm and .40. They are alll 100%. Most people I know use them and also recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ordered the new STI 9mm 170 with grams guts and Dawson SNL basepad from Brazos (I'm loyal to Bob). I currently run the older STI's with grams and a spacer, same basepads. Call me OCD but in the end I wanted it all to match as no report I read really indicated one better than the other. I'll report back - running this in an STI GrandMaster Trubor 9mm.

So Taran like SV mags (when equipped with TTI basepad, spring and follower) and he likes the new STI ( equipped with TTI basepads, spring and follower) 

I wonder why he has no love for the "Wacky aftermarket magazines"     (MBX ? we can assume)      Can it be because he looses sales of basepads, springs and followers?   hmm

On 7/31/2017 at 6:55 PM, SJan said:

So Taran like SV mags (when equipped with TTI basepad, spring and follower) and he likes the new STI ( equipped with TTI basepads, spring and follower) 

I wonder why he has no love for the "Wacky aftermarket magazines"     (MBX ? we can assume)      Can it be because he looses sales of basepads, springs and followers?   hmm

Boom

2 hours ago, ano said:

why wouldnt his stuff fit mbx? I

Not the point.  The point is the mbx mags are ready to use the way they are sold, no need to buy different basepads, springs or followers

• 2 months later...