Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Limited Major what gear to get?

Do a Glock 35.  Spend $30 on the spring kit.  $20 on a stippling head and stipple it yourself.  All you need is a wood burning pen and a dremel.  Watch a few youtube videos and take your time.  I taught myself and have stippled over 20 guns for other people.  The stipple head turns  a 2 hour job into 20 mins.  Spend $80 on some sights and you are good to go.  When you go to competitions and see other guns ask the owner if you can check it out.  Then you can decide if you want to drop a lot of money on a 2011 or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 2:44 PM, JokerBravo said:

I do not have STI money that's for sure.  That's why I was thinking Glock.

If you want to try a 2011 platform on a budget the double stack Rock Islands are worth looking into. For 1K you could have everything you need to get started and some money to put down on a reloading press.

Contrary to popular belief they don't fall apart after 500 rounds:) I have well north of 5000 rounds through my 9mm with one stoppage due to a broken barrel link. 

My next gun will be a .40 premium or semi custom 2011 for Limited but my RIA 9mil will stay in service for steel challenge and plinking fun 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...