Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision bullets for reloading

Ive been using them for years. Occasionally you will find a gun  they don't work well in, they lead up. Typically its a combination of the rifling and the powder and your loading technique.  I suggest to buy a few and give them a good try and see what your results are.

I tried them when I first started USPSA. They smoked and the coating was a bitch to get out of the barrel. They are cheap, but there are at least 20 better bullet choices out there.

Think they have changed the coating since you started USPSA.  I've got some/shot some and they work as well or better than the other 5 or 6 coated that I've tried.

Have shot some of the .358 125gr FP ones and they are very accurate in my Kart Barreled 1911 9mm.  They are listed in the ".38 Cowboy Bullets section".

1 hour ago, Steve RA said:

Think they have changed the coating since you started USPSA.  I've got some/shot some and they work as well or better than the other 5 or 6 coated that I've tried.

Have shot some of the .358 125gr FP ones and they are very accurate in my Kart Barreled 1911 9mm.  They are listed in the ".38 Cowboy Bullets section".

I see they now list "gen 2" coating so maybe they are better?

I've shot a few of the precision coated bullets.   I havent had any issues with them in either of my .40's.  They did just switch to the new coating, haven't had a chance to shoot to many of them.  Didn't notice much in the barrel with last batch, we will see with the new coating.  Not much smoke.   The price is good for sure, going to be trying out some blue bullets next.  Supposed to be better and price isn't much difference when you order bulk.  I would also check out RMR they have a good bulk price on 124gr bullets.  Just order up some for my 38SC.  

I'm using the 115g JHP from Precision Delta.  They cost about .085/ea if you buy 2000 or more and are every bit as good as Montana Gold or Everglades equivalent.  Benchrest at 20 yards in my open gun almost all hits in the size of a dime.

23 hours ago, mlmiller1 said:

Ive been using them for years. Occasionally you will find a gun  they don't work well in, they lead up. Typically its a combination of the rifling and the powder and your loading technique.  I suggest to buy a few and give them a good try and see what your results are.

Thanks! I will order some

• 4 months later...
On 7/27/2017 at 6:44 PM, af220wa said:

I'm using the 115g JHP from Precision Delta.  They cost about .085/ea if you buy 2000 or more and are every bit as good as Montana Gold or Everglades equivalent.  Benchrest at 20 yards in my open gun almost all hits in the size of a dime.

I, and a bunch of bullseye shooters use them, and they are very accurate at 25 and 50 yds.

all I have used for about 15 years.. cases and cases of them. 40 major in my 6" I use 170's, 185's in my 5". 155 for minor. 
9mm minor , 38 plinking..  wish they made some heavier .358 for 357 magnum pin loads

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2017 at 7:20 AM, Sarge said:

I tried them when I first started USPSA. They smoked and the coating was a bitch to get out of the barrel. They are cheap, but there are at least 20 better bullet choices out there.

It's been noted here too Sarge on my pistols.

1.)Are Blue's on your list of twenty?

2.)What is the best for cleaning out that schmutzh from Precision?

1 hour ago, Bench said:

It's been noted here too Sarge on my pistols.

1.)Are Blue's on your list of twenty?

2.)What is the best for cleaning out that schmutzh from Precision?

Yeah, Blue Bullets are better but still nothing is as clean as a good Jacketed or plated bullet.

Elbow grease and solvent eventually got the job done.

Blue Bullets!   Wearing a surgical glove when loading will take care of Smurf fingers lol! All coated bullets will dirty your fingers, so the surgical glove is a good idea either way!   Blue Bullets  has a subscription service which is cool and can save some $$$ also.  Ain't nothing like a monthly shipment of projectiles ?

37 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

Blue Bullets  has a subscription service which is cool and can save some $$$ also.

Nice to take advantage of their Forum discount too if not shooting enough for a 'subscription'.