Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my 22/45 Lite back from Ruger today

AzShooter

I got my Mark IV 22/45 back from Ruger today.  It only took them one week.   Took longer for shipping than it took for  them  to solve the problem. 

They replaced my barrel, did the warrantee work on the  safety and gave me a new set of grips.  I didn’t send grips back and had all the original parts in a baggie instead of putting the gun back together after taking off my TK and VQ parts.

The trigger is now set at 3.5 lbs with lots of take-up but tomorrow I’ll put the Victory trigger back in and  that will take care of the take-up.

They asked me to send back two magazines so they could test the gun after the barrel repair.  Unfortunately they only sent me back one magazine.   I called today and they are sending two magazines tomorrow. The letter that came with the gun said they tested with 40 rounds of CCI Blazer ammo.  Blazer has always worked well in this pistol.

I also have to put my C-More back on.  Friday I’ll take it to the range and make sure it’s working properly.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:07 PM, AzShooter said:

I got my Mark IV 22/45 back from Ruger today.  It only took them one week.   Took longer for shipping than it took for  them  to solve the problem. 

They replaced my barrel, did the warrantee work on the  safety and gave me a new set of grips.  I didn’t send grips back and had all the original parts in a baggie instead of putting the gun back together after taking off my TK and VQ parts.

The trigger is now set at 3.5 lbs with lots of take-up but tomorrow I’ll put the Victory trigger back in and  that will take care of the take-up.

They asked me to send back two magazines so they could test the gun after the barrel repair.  Unfortunately they only sent me back one magazine.   I called today and they are sending two magazines tomorrow. The letter that came with the gun said they tested with 40 rounds of CCI Blazer ammo.  Blazer has always worked well in this pistol.

I also have to put my C-More back on.  Friday I’ll take it to the range and make sure it’s working properly.

What was the problem?

Other than the Safety Recall, the barrel of the 22/45 Lite was coming out of the receiver.  When cleaning the gun you could see that barrel move 1/4 to 1/5 inch out.  I tried to repair it with Loctite but the factory could do a more permanent job.   I could tell the difference right off, getting better groups on target.