Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for a new SSP Pistol based on some criteria I have

I'd like to ask a loaded question here and see where it goes.  I've always been a die hard M&P9 fan, from the very beginning.  I've had 12 of them, became an M&P armor and modified about 75 pistols since they came out with Apex parts, sights and other products from Speed Shooters.  In the last couple years life has side tracked me from shooting and I was thinking about selling the M&Ps to move into something totally different to help spur me back into shooting.  Now that I've been out of both IDPA and USPSA for a couple years I've lost track of some of the rules so I figured I'd ask for both rules help as well as advice on the new pistols.  So here's what I'm looking for...

1. Prefer NO Manual Safety - Which pretty much leaves me with only being able to choose a striker fired pistol otherwise I'd be interested in a CZ.

2. Standard capacity mag can't exceed 15 rounds because of Colorado laws, I don't want anything that makes it difficult to get mags.

3. Must be 9mm - No exceptions

4. Must also have a compact version available for carry and BUG matches.

5. Must have a trigger good enough from the factory that I don't have to overhaul it like I've done for years with the M&P - No exceptions

6. Should be IDPA SSP and USPSA Production Legal

Give me some suggestions here.  I'd be happy to entertain all ideas from people, but I've never been a Glock fan for some reason.  Although I should go check out the newest generation of them just incase they strike me differently now.

Thanks for the help in advance!

1.  Geez, everybody and his brother are selling the type.

2.  I was surprised to find that CZ P10C, Walther PPQ, and HK VP9 were native 15 shooters.  There may be others, I just got tired of looking.

3.  OK

4.  The P10 C IS the compact version, although I doubt it makes IDPA BUG.  You would have to go to the PPS to get a smaller Walther, there is the VP9SK.

5.  All are SSP, you can look to see if they have made it to the Production list. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

1.  Geez, everybody and his brother are selling the type.

2.  I was surprised to find that CZ P10C, Walther PPQ, and HK VP9 were native 15 shooters.  There may be others, I just got tired of looking.

3.  OK

4.  The P10 C IS the compact version, although I doubt it makes IDPA BUG.  You would have to go to the PPS to get a smaller Walther, there is the VP9SK.

5.  All are SSP, you can look to see if they have made it to the Production list. 

Thanks for the response.  The VP9 was on the top of my list.  I was hoping to get some feel back form people shooting the VP9 in matches as well as hear the feedback on the trigger.

I didn't realize the P10 had a compact version so thanks for that tip.

Okay I'll check out the production list and see what's on it.

Thanks!

There is a video on youtube somewhere that talks about a P-10F and a P-10S.  CZ went on to confirm it as well but with no ETA.  Apparently there is a specs list for both of those models in the manual for the P-10C

Edited by mwenger

Sounds like a Glock 19? First Glock I got used in 1992, and shot dozens of IDPA matches with it. Also went thru a 4 day FrontSight class in 1996, and out of 22 shooters, the only gun to finish without issues.... Only changes were Heinie black on black sights, 3.5 lb OEM connector, and a G21 mag release (extended in any small frame Glock). Then just pull the trigger about 50,000 times and it will seem good.

Edited by 9x45

• 1 month later...

The Walther Q5 Match meets all of your criteria except for a G26 sized carry gun version.

The regular PPQ is barely bigger than a G19 on the hip, though. Picking one up next week for carry.

And my Q5 was absolutely good to go out of the box. You can find them online for around $700

I installed a thinner Dawson front sight and grip tape. Change recoil springs if you want. Done. Terrific trigger right out of the box. Mine breaks right at 4 and is crisper than any other plastic gun due to Walthers really creative twist on the way it trips the sear.

Edited by MemphisMechanic