Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maintenance schedule for the XD platform?

cccollin545

I own a Springfield XD-9 service model that I train with and carry on a daily basis. I have a total of 8k rounds through the pistol. I have been changing the recoil spring, striker spring, striker dampening spring, and striker retaining pin every 4K rounds. Is there anything else I should be replacing or maintaining?

I know one heck of a first post, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the replacement of the firing pin retainer pin.  I replaced it with a roll pin, which is much better.  I replace the recoil spring or clean the striker channel when I begin to have light strikes on primers.  I have over 40k rounds through my XDM 5.25.  Great gun.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, cccollin545 said:

I own a Springfield XD-9 service model that I train with and carry on a daily basis. I have a total of 8k rounds through the pistol. I have been changing the recoil spring, striker spring, striker dampening spring, and striker retaining pin every 4K rounds. Is there anything else I should be replacing or maintaining?

I know one heck of a first post, right?

Mag springs too.

And keep spares in your range bag for all of those little items.  Nothing like pissing away a $175 match fee cuz you broke a 50 cent pin or spring and didn't have a spare.