Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting cart???

taymag

I'm looking for a "wagon" not really a "shooting cart". Are you guys just getting them on Amazon? I like my bag but its big and fullll of crap, I am sick of hauling it around... I'm only30 but I'm ready for a pull cart already :)

I'm a minimalist: I bring only the bare bare necessities...

But quite a few of the "loaded for bear" types at my club are happy with this one:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_3123582_-1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0f7r--Gi1QIVRVp-Ch1DUgQHEAQYASABEgJfV_D_BwE

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Ok thats what I was looking at. I try and be a bare necessities guy and have 2 bags, one for the range and one for uspsa (which consists of nearly nothing) but then I have to transfer stuff from one to the next which is just calling for me to forget something so I'd rather just have it all together and throw it in a cart and call it a day

I use a rage bag - the midway knockoff of the Shooters Connection one - which has a center section which lifts out.

That part carries mags, 200rds, eyes and ears, and very little else. I snatch that out for USPSA and the additional storage for more ammo, cleaning and spares, stapler, tools, etc all stays in the car.

When I go to the range for practice, I bring the whole thing out and work out of it.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I put this together with the help of a friend with welding skills. I highly recommend the wider beach wheels, they seem to hold up better to the terrain we have to deal with at some of the ranges.

Cart Picture.jpg

6 hours ago, UFO said:

I put this together with the help of a friend with welding skills. I highly recommend the wider beach wheels, they seem to hold up better to the terrain we have to deal with at some of the ranges.

Cart Picture.jpg

Now that's pretty darn cool. :)

This is what I use.  The folding table on the back is sturdy enough to use it to load mags.  I carry my range bag, soft-sided cooler, and a small compact folding chair, with a little room to spare.  I've also recently outfitted the wagon with a shade umbrella just big enough to provide a little shade to sit under.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/blue-wagon-16-folding-w-table/prod20071140.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

I've got the cart for $40 from Amazon and it works pretty good,  Had I been able to do it again I'd get the Sam's club cart as I feel like the table would be helpful.

UFO does the cart fold up at all?

I've recently saw someone convert a jogging stroller to a gun cart.  I liked the way it looked and worked so well, that I was able to find one and make me a gun cart.  I rolls great on all kinds of terrain.  You can find them used at yard sales.

14 hours ago, Out of Ammo said:

I've recently saw someone convert a jogging stroller to a gun cart.  I liked the way it looked and worked so well, that I was able to find one and make me a gun cart.  I rolls great on all kinds of terrain.  You can find them used at yard sales.

There is a big thread I think in the 3 gun section about converting jogging strollers in to gun carts. I have been using one myself since I started shooting 3gun in March. $20 off online yard sale group. Rolls easy over grass and rough terrain and has a parking brake =) Also nice if you add a sun-brella to it to add portable shade 

I found a 2 kid running stroller at a garage sale which I converted to a 3 gun cart however I use a folding wagon now for IDPA/USPSA as it is easier to get into my car.  I'm on the lookout for a better quality folding wagon but have not found "the one".  I like the one pictured in this thread with the table... great job!  you should patent it and start selling them on-line.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:42 PM, Thaunk said:

I've got the cart for $40 from Amazon and it works pretty good,  Had I been able to do it again I'd get the Sam's club cart as I feel like the table would be helpful.

UFO does the cart fold up at all?

Yes, table comes off and legs fold up, then cart collapses as original.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:22 PM, taymag said:

I'm looking for a "wagon" not really a "shooting cart". Are you guys just getting them on Amazon? I like my bag but its big and fullll of crap, I am sick of hauling it around... I'm only30 but I'm ready for a pull cart already :)

empty out your bag. don't get a cart.

part of the joy of pistol shooting is its portability. a cart is like a minivan when you've got one kid. one fat kid.

This is one that regularly makes it to our range.  Ive heard its original purpose was for racing engine movement, but I also suspect it was just something somebody thought was cool to do.  And they were right.

cropped big cart.jpg

I remember a service rifle competitor showing off a cart he had built from "scrap" material.

Turns out he was a welder at a chemical plant, his cart was made of titanium tubing, very well rendered.

That cart above also looks like a race car fabricator had a couple hours of idle time...