Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone make a stand for the Mr Bullet Feeder Collator?

So I've got a Mr. Bullet Feeder coming tomorrow. The one thing I really don't fancy about it is mounting it on the side of my Dillon 650's case feeder. Does anyone make a separate stand for the collator? I'm sure I can cobble something together but if there is something already available I'd rather not go to the trouble.

Try it first. I was a bit skeptical when assembling it, but it actually works pretty well. I just rolled past 20k rounds on an automated 1050 and it's hung in (no pun intended) like a champ.

The only problems I ever encountered with the MBF were dropping double bullets and a plain old rubber band solved that.

M

It's a 1/2" wide rubber band that goes around the powder tube and drop spring. I had to do this for 30 cal rifle bullets but MBF supplied the rubber band and give a Staples replacement part number, if it brakes. I do not have the number on me at this time but if you would call MBF, they should be able to have it to you. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:26 PM, AbitNutz said:

This thing deserves its own stand...contacting Dan at Inline Fabrications. This looks like it's right in his wheelhouse.

Really? ???

I'd love one, I've always hated the MBF's mounting method. Especially when you have to install it and regulate it for the first time, it is a total PITA!

10 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Funny thing is that the KISS bullet feeder, which was the original machine came on a stand. There were complaints about loss of bench space :D

You already know you're not going to please everyone.  LOL!  Some will be thrilled with it's own stand and others will complain about it taking up space as you said.  So, the only real way to win is if they make it so you can mount it both ways.

12 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Funny thing is that the KISS bullet feeder, which was the original machine came on a stand. There were complaints about loss of bench space :D

I have a KISS Bulletfeeder and after a year I installed a shelf bracket to the casefeeder stand and mounted the collator on it.  It took up too much bench space.

The stand was a 4" PVC pipe with a flange, about 7" in diameter.

Edited by RePete
Correct sizes.

12 hours ago, NicoR said:

Really? ???

I'd love one, I've always hated the MBF's mounting method. Especially when you have to install it and regulate it for the first time, it is a total PITA!

I must have been lucky and got a good unit. I have removed my MBF many times and can put it back on the case feeder most anywhere and it works perfect. AND it was not at all difficult to initially get set up either.

1 hour ago, RePete said:

I have a KISS Bulletfeeder and after a year I installed a shelf bracket to the casefeeder stand and mounted the collator on it.  It took up too much bench space.

The stand was a 6" PVC pipe with a flange, about 8" in diameter.

And here it is:

BenchWithAKiss.jpg

If you are going to cobble something together, you might consider the Andoer tripod fluid head. It should make adjustment very easy.  If you want to mount it temporarily to a camera tripod the hole in the bottom of the mount is 3/8-16, so an adapter is needed since most camera tripods are ¼-20.

597a572d79427_Andoerfluidhead.thumb.JPG.e9bd772fca7b48a7ca2fa569bef67c49.JPG

I bought this last year and adapted it to my Entirely Crimson Bullet Collator.  I have yet to finish the project.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Andoer-Q08-Video-Tripod-Ball-Head-3-way-Fluid-Head-Rocker-Arm-with-Quick-Release-Plate-for-DSLR-Camera/549503380

What's the story on the Crimson Bullet Collator? All I hear are whispers and second-hand stories...how did you come by it and why are they so cool?

I have one of those Tripod's sitting in a closet. You may have given it a reason to live. 

1 hour ago, AbitNutz said:

What's the story on the Crimson Bullet Collator? All I hear are whispers and second-hand stories...how did you come by it and why are they so cool?

I have one of those Tripod's sitting in a closet. You may have given it a reason to live. 

I don’t know exactly how long I have had the Collator.  I bought it right after it was introduced.

It came disassembled for $155. 

I have a 1050, but it was designed for a 650 so it was designed to sit on the left side of the case feeder. It was difficult to reposition it on the right side.  A short time after I complained publicly on AR-15 forum about this issue.  The inventor developed one that would fit on the right side which the S1050 needs.

It was a short time after that, as I understand it, Double Alpha threatened the inventor to cease and desist or he would sue him for patent infringement.  The Entirely Crimson bullet collator disappeared from the market.

The Crimson came with a parts list that can be purchased individually online if anyone wants to copy it.  “Google”  the Entirely Crimson Bullet Collator and you will find a PDF with all the parts listed. Not the plastic parts, just the motor, switches, etc.

I bought it on a whim, I use homemade drop dies and bullet tubes.  I really don’t mind reloading my bullet tubes.  It gives me a chance to take a break, and to check everything, refill primers etc.  So I have not been totally motivated to complete the project. 

Edited by RonofVa

On 7/27/2017 at 7:34 PM, RonofVa said:

I bought it on a whim, I use homemade drop dies and bullet tubes.  I really don’t mind reloading my bullet tubes.  It gives me a chance to take a break, and to check everything, refill primers etc.  So I have not been totally motivated to complete the project. 

Any interest in selling the kit?