Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

will carry optic add extra weight on slide

wondering if it will add weight and influence cycle. here is the number:

the cutted slide with sight is 46g, the plate is 14g, and deltapoint pro is 41g. so, yes it will add extra 9g, but that weight will definitely not influence the cycle and timing. at least I can't feel it.

35868237812_46bb90a8a7_b.jpg35649956440_4344e0d3a5_b.jpg

I have a CZ P09 milled for a Delta Point Pro reflex sight I shoot for carry optics. I haven't noticed any change is slide speed or reliability. I put a CGW stainless guide rod with a lighter 18 pound recoil spring. Still running great with no change in reliability. 

I am using 18RS 18# Yellow Recoil Spring and 97060 Stainless Steel Guide P-09. I have to admit, before I shot the pistol with the new guide rod and recoil spring I really wondered if I just wasted $31.00. I was very surprised how much better the P09 shoots. I am very glad I replaced the factory guide rod and spring with CGW SS guide rod and recoil springs. 

22 hours ago, RAP said:

I am using 18RS 18# Yellow Recoil Spring and 97060 Stainless Steel Guide P-09. I have to admit, before I shot the pistol with the new guide rod and recoil spring I really wondered if I just wasted $31.00. I was very surprised how much better the P09 shoots. I am very glad I replaced the factory guide rod and spring with CGW SS guide rod and recoil springs. 

thanks so much! great to know the cgw p-09 guide rod works! when you say the new setup is better, do you mean easier to rack the slide and release the slide catch? because these are the main reasons for me to change the factory recoil assembly.

also,

have you tried other lbs recoil spring? like 15lb 13lb?

thanks