Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whose CZ open gun?

Apolo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

The Canik uses a barrel similar to the 75, so at one point I was tempted to fit a 6" CZ barrel to one, but decided the stumpy beaver tail was a deal breaker.  The comp would be easy if you used a 6" barrel: just cut it, thread it 1/2X28 and use a Glock comp.

That's exactly what I was thinking, thanks for verifying.  

And agreed on the beaver tail, would have to really work on that.  The good news is the S120 is an aluminum frame, so would be an easy way to keep the weight down.

18 hours ago, Apolo said:

Just sweet. Who made the comp? You?

Upper gun on the second photo is BinaryEng titanium comp with cone adapter.

Lower one is a copy of it from stainless steel with cone added - one piece, as seen on the first photo.

Asked a friend to machine it for me on professional CNC tools.

Edited by arkadi

5 hours ago, gtaylor07 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, thanks for verifying.  

And agreed on the beaver tail, would have to really work on that.  The good news is the S120 is an aluminum frame, so would be an easy way to keep the weight down.

5 hours ago, Apolo said:

I would start with a Shadow or SA 75.

I agree with Apolo, brand mixing presents problems neither of us can think of right now.

Besides, the weight in your hand can be a good thing, it's the weight at the muzzle which slows you down.

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, AngeloConde said:

I so want to do this to my 75b that's been converted to SAO but the barrel/comp is what's getting to me. Should I sell it and do one off a TS or TSO since I have a spare cmore or mount from my cm? Will a cm mount work for the 75b?

Yes, the CM mount will work, and you can use the 6" barrel from CZ USA, threaded 1/2x28 and a Glock comp like this:

IMG_20170825_210851208.thumb.jpg.179595cb28e5ea2f34a43236226e8d65.jpg

5 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Yes, the CM mount will work, and you can use the 6" barrel from CZ USA, threaded 1/2x28 and a Glock comp like this:

IMG_20170825_210851208.thumb.jpg.179595cb28e5ea2f34a43236226e8d65.jpg

Awesome!! Then I'm almost there just need the barrel I have the TBRCI mini comp. This gun will just be a fun build not really going to be running USPSA unless I use it as a backup to my cm. How is the reliability shoot major pf?

23 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

Awesome!! Then I'm almost there just need the barrel I have the TBRCI mini comp. This gun will just be a fun build not really going to be running USPSA unless I use it as a backup to my cm. How is the reliability shoot major pf?

I only shoot Major through all my Open guns and I haven't seen any cause for concern.  Have you shot a pistol equipped with that mini comp? It doesn't look like much, I suspect you'll be disappointed; this is the one I chose:

a6473b713f61e3d1369316_m__69648.13840522

And I added two 3/16" holes in the barrel.

3 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I only shoot Major through all my Open guns and I haven't seen any cause for concern.  Have you shot a pistol equipped with that mini comp? It doesn't look like much, I suspect you'll be disappointed; this is the one I chose:

a6473b713f61e3d1369316_m__69648.13840522

And I added two 3/16" holes in the barrel.

Yeah I've shot a glock 19 equipped with one shooting Winchester white box kept the gun pretty flat but. I'm not familiar with comps. 

8 hours ago, slavex said:

you've seen this right?

shadow2open.jpg

That is one interesting mount. I like it though, aftermarket or one off custom?

What’s the theory on having the dot so far back? improved ejection patterns, balance, or better field of view with the dot?

20 hours ago, slavex said:

It is a full on Shadow 2 made for Open with 9mm major. 

Robin Sebo from the factory made it

I need this in my life. Reminds me of some CZs I saw while visiting New Zealand. Bunches and bunches of 75s built into beautiful open guns.