Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any love for Guga Ribas gear?

bcp

I ordered a holster/belt/mag pouch combo to use with both a Limited and Open setup.  I liked the written and video reviews I was seeing.  

Any love for GR gear?

I like the new gear. Being able to custom fit the holster to my gun is great. Biggest plus for me is being able to detach the holster and mag pouches from the belt when I travel. Being in a mag capacity restricted jurisdiction, I have to have four mag pouches. The ability to easily remove some when shooting in a free state is awesome. Plus, I met the GR guys at the Area 1 match and they were very helpful. 

Thanks for the replies.  The adjustability, being able to use for multiple guns, and being able to easily remove the gear without losing positioning on the belt are all pluses for me.  It's also cheaper than having multiple traditional rigs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just adjusted everything tonight for my 2011.  I look forward to spending time with it.  I'm really liking it so far.  There are an amazing range of adjustments.

Edited by bcp

I like their belt for the extra rigidity.

I really like their latest pouches for the ease of adjustment for different mags as well as the ease of taking them off. They would be perfect if they locked onto the pivot ball more securely -- the one I use most for dry fire practice won't stay really tight anymore. Note that this is still noticeably better than the DAA Race Master pouch that I used before. I'm really abusive in dry fire, I guess.

I like the new idea of their holster but too much plastic and the super snug fit worries me in dirty environments. The DAA Alpha X works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 7:42 AM, kneelingatlas said:

Yes, I've tried just about everything and I prefer the GR

As one of the local CZ experts, what holster/mag pouch set up would you buy for using a Tac Sport in Limited and where would you buy it?

I had one for my 2011.  I liked it a lot.  The only problem I had with it was if I did not draw in a straight line the gun would get hung up (this was operator error).  I did switch to a safariland and haven't had the issue with a sloppy draw stroke hanging up the gun.  

I have 5 GR mag pouches for my Production rig and I find them average. Great idea but the execution is less than great.

Unless the mags are set at their lowest ride point in their base slots, they don't stay where I placed them. They slide down and I had to shim them in their slots at their desired heights.

I set them at somewhat complex angles, trying to capitalize on 360 degree adjustment option. Each pouch has its own little orientation. I love that part, allows for much less interference when accessing those mags. Unfortunately, several of them twist a little at the attachment point (mag body to that metal ball thingy). I had to literally try each different pouch for each different belt position to see if it'll stay solid at an angle I wanted  it to stay at. I am more or less there but pouch # 2 still shifts a bit.

Metal "rectangles" that slide into the plastic belt slots are of different thickness on my pouches. I can't think of a reason why that would be good.

Another GR user that I know lost the mag body screw and can't find a replacement. I loctited mine in after that.

I think they probably would work very well at their lowest ride position if set at a traditional bullets forward or bullets out orientation. I wouldn't recommend them for someone who might think that they would stay put at all kind of angles that their design allows to attain. I don't know if all metal execution would have been better.

Edited by YVK