Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mmmags

johes

Anyone using Dawson 10 rd 9mm mags? I've only used Tripps but I sold mine with my Trojan and thinking of trying something else. Thanks

Edited by johes

The Dawsons have been my favorite for sure.

I've tried Wilson and Tripp 10rd 9mm mags and even tried one of the Chip XP9's or whatever they call em.

The Dawson's are where it's at!

Got occasional failures to feed with Wilsons.

The Tripps would allow the top round in the mag to ride forward on the bottom of the slide, and then the mag wouldnt drop because that top round would hang up.

Dont recall what the snag was with the XP9, but I let it go too.

All of them are a little challenging to unload by hand, but thats not a big concern for me.

My biggest complaint with the 10 round 9mm single stack Tripp mags is the way that a round will drop out from the top of the mag when you remove a loaded mag.  May not be a concern to you, but I experienced that nearly EVERY time I took out a loaded magazine, like when I had to "unload and show clear" at the end of a stage.  Drop the mag, and an extra round rolls out.  Seems this is just a function of the way the top lips are formed....  All three of mine did this.  

I liked Wilsons best.  Never had ANY problems with any of them in my Range Officer.  

I have not tried Dawson's mags.  

I've used Metalform 10 round mags with great success. Reasonably priced, and they work. If you're going with the Ice magwell, get the Dawson mags. They use Metalform tubes and guts, with their base, which you'll need to reliably seat mags with the Ice magwell.