Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Armageddon Roller Trigger

With my new ULW build I decided to try this trigger. Taccom ULW upper/Gibbz ambi lower. Great trigger, very light and crisp. Well, first time out at range was not successful. After carefully adjusting it per the video using the yellow springs it was double and triple firing. Not every time. Swapped out bolts from KAW to Spinta and the same thing. Swapped recoil systems, Taccom light adjustable to Taccom 2-piece still same.

Changed the ULW lower to my Seekins upper/JP barrel upper and it seemed to stop doubling and worked OK. Really want to run it in the ULW ambi mag release Gibbz lower. Any ideas. Going to call JP tech support this morning.

Maybe change to the heavier springs?

Put it in my AR and get a Hiperfire 24C? Running a Hiperfire EDT now and like it but was looking for a little lighter shorter pull.

gerritm

4 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

The difference between a working trigger and insane frustration in these 9mm AR's is but thousandths of an inch dimensionally...

Absolutely, to get this adjusted to verify the disconnector setting was really frustrating. There is a very small window where it works and where it doesn't. Took quite awhile to get it just right. Made sure to verify the trigger function per the instructions, before testing.

gerritm

JP Tech e-mailed me back and verified what Eric suggested to increase the dissconnector engagement slightly.  Did this and will test tomorrow.  These are very small adjustments.  Trigger is great feeling if I can get it to work correctly otherwise may end up in my 3gun AR.

Gerritm 

On 7/21/2017 at 7:28 PM, gerritm said:

JP Tech e-mailed me back and verified what Eric suggested to increase the dissconnector engagement slightly.  Did this and will test tomorrow.  These are very small adjustments.  Trigger is great feeling if I can get it to work correctly otherwise may end up in my 3gun AR.

Gerritm 

Did you use the red loctite?  If so, how was it going back and making a further adjustment?

Not hard at all. I have a BBQ type long lighter and just heated the adjustment screw until I saw a puff of smoke and made the adjustment. When it cooled it hardened back up. Very small adjustment between working correctly & doubling.

gerritm