Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slides, STI vs CK vs PT

Broncman

Take a look at L-10 frames as well.  They make nice stuff.  I've built on both PT and CK frames and both were serviceable.  Both had some minor minor issues that were easily worked.  I wouldn't pay the premium for a PT frame over the CK if those were my choices.

3 hours ago, tyler2you said:

Take a look at L-10 frames as well.  They make nice stuff.  I've built on both PT and CK frames and both were serviceable.  Both had some minor minor issues that were easily worked.  I wouldn't pay the premium for a PT frame over the CK if those were my choices.

i have a CK frame. what issues should i look out for with it ? 

Really the only "issue" I had with the CK frame was the amount of fitting required to get it to work with the PT steel grip and some minor tool marks I had to clean up.  Otherwise, it was dimensionally correct and well finished.

Hello: I am building a PT open pistol right now. It has the PT frame, slide, evo grip and thumb safety. I must say they are made from good steel but wish they had a little more material on the frame for easier fitting. Setup in the mill took a little longer. The grip did take a little time to fit but was an easy file in the right places to make it slip on nicely. This will not be my last PT frame setup. I forgot to add PT has a special on this setup that is pretty hard to beat for $1150.  Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

1 hour ago, Broncman said:

What exactly did you have to fit for the PT grip? I will be using That grip later.

I had to work a lot on the keyways in the frame that the grip slides on to.  They're difficult to file since the area is small and recessed.  I could have removed the material from the pads on the grip, but chose to work on the less expensive part and also so that I could move the grip to a different frame if I decide to do that in the future.  I also had to remove material from the top concave/convex parts of the grip that mate with the radiuses at the bottom of the frame to get it to seat fully.

With both the PT and L-10 frames, the grip mated up with almost no fitting required.

Edited by tyler2you

On 7/22/2017 at 9:04 AM, Broncman said:

Went with CK frame and slide. Never could get any answer from PT for at least a week now. Too busy to wait on someone else too busy to answer emails, phones etc.

So you emailed PT and left voicemails and no one got back to you?

Edited by MVPFc

BS?? Go pound sand, I have no reason to lie. I could send you my email dates but you obviously believe what you want. I did not bash them in anyway. Just stated that I am very busy and obviously they are too. CK  (Bobby Keigan) got back with me same day I emailed them.

Ordered the CK frame and slide on Friday and they arrived Wednesday.

Ok, checked my emails. They replied same day my CK frame arrived...

Edited by Broncman

Go ahead and post them. Or I can if you'd like. Your email was sent the afternoon of the 20th. Then you post here 2 days later on the 22nd (Saturday) stating "Never could get any answer from PT for at least a week now". I was out of the office Friday and Monday but did reply to you on Tuesday. It's cool that you sourced parts else where. I have no qualms with that. But I do have a problem with you lying about my company. 

Tiffany

Tiffany,

I emailed you on the 20th, I had called earlier than that. You replied on the 25th by email. Semantics how ever you like. I had tried several days by phone. No I did not leave any voicemail by phone. I have very limited opportunities through the week to take calls. I realize you are busy as well.

I found your add on Facebook for the sale you sent me by email and I emailed that day. I also thought about posting my question on Facebook but did not for other reasons. 

I had been calling when I had the opportunity several days before I emailed because I had questions on the slide and wanted to talk to someone in person.

So yes I had been trying to reach you with no answer by phone and later email for a week!

5 days by email alone.

Not lying. I am sure you guys make a great product. The ones I have handled have been very nice. I hope to own one of your grips and frames in the future.

Have a great day, 

Ken

Edited by Broncman

Ken,

Not schematics. You twisted facts to shed a negative light on my company and it's reputation for excellent customer service. I was able to locate your phone number and exactly how many times you called and when. I will not disclose that information or continue to point out the discrepancies in your public posts. I generally don't get involved in forum talk but couldn't let this one fly. I wish you the best with your gun build and future endeavors.

Tiffany Williams

HMFIC - Phoenix Trinity Mfg., Inc.