Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1 hour ago, Jerrymarsh said:

at what distance is best to sight in red dot on my PCC gun

Hello.

I have both mine sighted in at 15 yards. I am using Trijicon MRO on both rigs. So far it has worked out well for USPSA.

13 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Sight it in for any distance you want, but know where it

hits at 10, 25 and 50 yards    :) 

yup!

That said, both of mine are sighted in at 15 yards, but, so far, I've only shot groups from 5 yards to 50 yards. I intend to see where it shoots out to 100 yards.

On 07/22/2017 at 7:36 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Sight it in for any distance you want, but know where it

hits at 10, 25 and 50 yards    :) 

And know where it hits on a 3-5 yard head box.  It's embarrassing to hit a no-shoot that close!

19 hours ago, SJan said:

And know where it hits on a 3-5 yard head box.  It's embarrassing to hit a no-shoot that close!

^^^This.  And don't forget...THIS ^^^ 

Mine is one inch high at 25 cause that is the best advice I have gotten for steel challenge, of which I also shoot my PCC in.  Zero at whatever, but as said above, know your holds.

https://www.hornady.com/team-hornady/ballistic-calculators/#!/

Interesting tool. Guestimating your sight height at 1.2" and velocity at 900 and etc, a 10 yard zero seems to work out pretty well. 

I'd probably play around and see where the 2nd zero occurred with the 1st at 10 yards (maybe somewhere around 70 ish?) and use that distance. Overkill for required accuracy, but what the heck. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Jerry, I sight mine in at 25 yards and know my holds up close to 50. Pretty much hold a couple of inches high up close & center everywhere else to 50. Problem I have found with a close 10-12 yard zero is if all you shoot is USPSA you will be fine. We shoot a couple of steel & outlaw type matches with shots out to 80 yards. As you go out if you are off up close you get exponentially off further out.

gerritm