Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Cabelas opening Aug 1 right down the road.

rustybayonet

August 1st the new cabelas is opening 6 miles down the road from me!!!

Gander mountain might be closing no solid news on that, but they were high on prices. Now I will have cabelas, field&stream, and bass pro shop within a evening out!!! 

I'm so excited. Maybe I should camp out like those iPhone people do.

Where?? When I used to live in Brownstown (down river) I use to go to the store in Dundee, was about 35-40 minutes. Why build they a new store so close?? Good for you, though. But there was also a Bass Pro shop in Auburn Hills.

2 hours ago, RudyVey said:

Where?? When I used to live in Brownstown (down river) I use to go to the store in Dundee, was about 35-40 minutes. Why build they a new store so close?? Good for you, though. But there was also a Bass Pro shop in Auburn Hills.

LOL at Dundee. Every time I go to MI I stop there. They built a new one about three miles from my house but it's about the size of the gun department at Dundee! :)

Meh, Cabelas is high on most everything compared with another large local place to me. Guns are always high, powder and primers are sorta high (bass pro is insane high) and they don't carry the good die sets. Cabelas for me is good for some cast iron cookware, vacuum sealing, some plated bullets on sale and one shot lube if the local place is out. Oh and fudge, lotsa fudge.

I got a nice set of scope rings at Cabela's once.  They weren't priced too bad.  That's about it.  LOL!

I'm from downriver originally as well (Taylor), so it's funny and cool to hear and see others from the area. :)  Most of the times you say Downriver and no one knows what the heck you are talking about unless you are from the area or know it pretty well. :) 

For me I have a few choices. Bass Pro, good for Berry''s bullets, sometimes powder. Field&Stream, good for primers and powder. Cables (when they have a sale) bullets, powder and primers. But dundee was a day trip for me. So now I can order bulk on line and save shipping and hasmat fee.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Colorado and Cabelas and Sportsmans are ok for bulk reloading supplies when in stock. Bass pro doesn't even offer bulk package sizes ( more than 100 bullets or primers) and their prices are outrageous!