Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 IDPA Nationals

Who's going and have you received your acceptance notice yet?

My neighbor is opting to shoot over 2 days. Last year was a bit brutal having to shoot all day then make it to the awards ceremony.

I squad Mom'd last year. Hoping to SO a stage this year and see some return shooters from last year. 

Edited by v1911

I'm going. Squad 34. I did not get a confirmation email of my registration into a squad, just of my initial acceptance into the match with 17 points. I can see on the website I'm in a squad and all the information is correct.

I'm in also...looking forward to squading on Friday! I'm thinking living here at 7000ft elevation will really help with a likely Thursday match. 16 stages in one day also tests your focus and endurance in addition to shooting skills. Bring it!!

5 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I'm going. Squad 34. I did not get a confirmation email of my registration into a squad, just of my initial acceptance into the match with 17 points. I can see on the website I'm in a squad and all the information is correct.

Wow, 17pts?!

That all driving distance or did you fly for a few?

My neighbor was able to accrue 16pts without leaving Texas. 

• 1 month later...

Few weeks out from nationals and I haven't even shot a pistol match in a month.

I might have to break down and actually try dry-fire practice. Borrowing my friend's gun for SSP and it's still sitting in the case. Between my work schedule and disaster relief efforts, I haven't made time to get any trigger time in. 

On 7/20/2017 at 2:50 AM, rowdyb said:

i flew to one in florida. the rest were all driving.

I wish there were more matches out here on the west coast. I'm jealous of you east coast guys. lol

I don't think I understand the points because I thought it was:

Tier 2 - 1 point

Tier 3 - 2 points

Tier 4 - 3 points

Tier 5 - 4 points

With that, how does Rowdy have 17points? :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

They messaged me back on FB today and said 220. I just didn't trust it on the idpa website for nats as it says that as well. I just figured it was a place holder number until they really got a true count.

So I'll bring 300. 220 for the match. 20 to reshoot a stage. 6 for chrono. 34 for make up shots. Leaving me a 20 round margin of error.

8 hours ago, BillR1 said:

Anyone seen the stages yet??

Only people on the ground in texas will see them before the match. They haven't posted even a teaser video on the Nats specific FB page either.

I was told the match book, which contains the stages, will only be given out when you are physically at registration.

11 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Only people on the ground in texas will see them before the match. They haven't posted even a teaser video on the Nats specific FB page either.

I was told the match book, which contains the stages, will only be given out when you are physically at registration.

Thanks Rowdy! I'm glad I'm getting there a day early...

Yeah, lasted year there were a number of competitors out there early enough to watch the staff shoot and get a better understanding of what it looked like. Match books are one thing, actual stages are always going to vary in some degree. 

I was on the range today for about an hour.  I didn't go into the bays, but the area in between the bays was pretty muddy.  I really didn't look very closely at the stages because at the time, I wasn't even thinking about shooting the match.  On the way out of the range, I ran into my old friend, Joyce Wilson (used to sell a lot of pistols to Rangers) and she wouldn't take no for an answer.  So, I'm shooting on Squad 21.  AM tomorrow and PM on Saturday.  Completely unprepared mentally, but this will probably help with the Lone Star IDPA Championship match in two weeks!!

Fairly open match. Not a single bit of hard cover. No steel. No moving targets. 

One challenging standards stage.

Usual issues with rain and mud and the problems they cause at this range.

No drama that I heard or saw. Lab radar chrono was good.

45 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Fairly open match. Not a single bit of hard cover. No steel. No moving targets. 

One challenging standards stage.

Usual issues with rain and mud and the problems they cause at this range.

No drama that I heard or saw. Lab radar chrono was good.

Congratulations Rowdy!

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Thanks! 

Now what about a national match that had not a single 1. Mover target. 2. Steel target. 3. Hard cover paint target. 4. Further than 20y target?

I think the one stage with the round bails was farther than 20 years.  I had two mikes on the left head shot..........both on paper, but didn't break the perf.  and Yes Congratulations!!  You killed them!!