Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone used an automatic case oiler

I came across something on eBay that's marketing itself as an automatic case oiler. Basically its a case feeder tube with 3 wheels and a small dish that you put lube into. So as the case passes the wheels they get lubed.

Curious if anyone has tried on their 1050s? Wouldn't mind automating that part of my loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic has come up here before.  IIRC those who had used the one that lubed using some roller wheels and a pad were not overly impressed.  Maybe this is a different one?  

I just use Dillon Case Lube and a zip lock bag.  A couple of shots of lube goes into the bag first, then the brass, toss to coat, then dump into the case feeder to air out for 15+ minutes.

This topic has come up here before.  IIRC those who had used the one that lubed using some roller wheels and a pad were not overly impressed.  Maybe this is a different one?  

I just use Dillon Case Lube and a zip lock bag.  A couple of shots of lube goes into the bag first, then the brass, toss to coat, then dump into the case feeder to air out for 15+ minutes.

It sounds like the same thing.

I currently have a very similar process. Except I use imperial case lube instead of Dillon. Might make the switch to a liquid lube.

I tumble in walnut loaded with mineral oil for cleaning, then in corn loaded with NuFinish car polish. They come out shinning and very slippery, no need for case lube.

image36947.jpg

I tumble in walnut loaded with mineral oil for cleaning, then in corn loaded with NuFinish car polish. They come out shinning and very slippery, no need for case lube.

image36947.jpg

Have you ever loaded rifle? I've never lubed pistol but rifle is impossible without lube.

mikey, yes, and you have to use lube for that, in fact, I use lube to load my 357SIG. But not a conventional lube, I use dry mold release. You don't have to remove it after loading.

This stuff, Miller Stephenson MS 122AD

miller-stephenson-ms-122ad-lubricant-14o

mikey, yes, and you have to use lube for that, in fact, I use lube to load my 357SIG. But not a conventional lube, I use dry mold release. You don't have to remove it after loading.

This stuff, Miller Stephenson MS 122AD

miller-stephenson-ms-122ad-lubricant-14oz_431x431.jpg

So I don't follow. The post above says you only use a little car polish when tumbling. Now you're saying you use a release agent.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:36 PM, jhgtyre said:

I was one of the "not impressed".  It's a good idea in theory but needs refinement, IIRC there just isn't enough time for the alcohol to evaporate so they are pretty wet when they get to the die.  I was using Dillon Lube maybe other lubes would work better.  Anyway, there was a lot of resistance and I was using a carbide trim die, I think if I was using a std die I would have stuck cases.  I told the guy my concerns and he was nice enough to refund my money.