Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody tried a Spill Stop for Dillon 650/1050 from Reloading Innovations?

I added one to an order of Starlights and got it today.  Just some quick testing it doesn't work well with 45, but they did say it was for 9/40.

I'll likely add it back when I switch over to 9mm, but for 45's it's still zip ties for me :).

Edited by 78Staff

I have worn out 3 of the rubber washers. First one last about a day, 2nd one less than a hour, 3rd two days. All while running .223. The  idea is good but the little rubber washers are either not quite the right size or just not tough enough. I placed them at the decapping/sizing and at the bullet seating stations. I also bought the tool head light and it really works well, nice and bright.

2 hours ago, JD1 said:

I have worn out 3 of the rubber washers. First one last about a day, 2nd one less than a hour, 3rd two days. All while running .223. The  idea is good but the little rubber washers are either not quite the right size or just not tough enough. I placed them at the decapping/sizing and at the bullet seating stations. I also bought the tool head light and it really works well, nice and bright.

I found the same thing with the rubber washer, Great Idea just needs to last longer. Now the light is GREAT!!!

I added the Spill Stop and Premium Bearing Kit to my 1050. I see a significant difference in powder spilled. I don't see much at all. I even see a difference with all stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 2 on my 650, spillage non existent now and also with using a Mr. Bullet feeder I have no issues with a bullet shaking out of place when rotating to the seating station.  Made the 650 feel like a different machine (I use the bearing kit also).

30 minutes ago, cbrconst said:

Curious as to rubber washer longevity.

I've had mine on the bullet seating station (1050 with AmmoBot), to eliminate bullet tipping, for 5-10K rounds now (9mm minor). Still using the original rubber roller.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:45 PM, camaross400 said:

I added the Spill Stop and Premium Bearing Kit to my 1050. I see a significant difference in powder spilled. I don't see much at all. I even see a difference with all stations.

How do you like the micrometer seating die?  I'am assuming that is a Redding Pro Seater with micrometer add-on?  I've been thinking about ordering one but they make it damn near impossible to figure out which one you need if you don't already have the seating die in hand, since they match to seater stem part no. instead of caliber/die part no.  Why they don't just list caliber to micrometer, ie 45acp die needs xxx stem is beyond me.

How do you like the micrometer seating die?  I'am assuming that is a Redding Pro Seater with micrometer add-on?  I've been thinking about ordering one but they make it damn near impossible to figure out which one you need if you don't already have the seating die in hand, since they match to seater stem part no. instead of caliber/die part no.  Why they don't just list caliber to micrometer, ie 45acp die needs xxx stem is beyond me.

I love it!!! It makes it easy to make adjustments 0.001 increments. It is spot on. I use the Redding Competition Seater Die. I used to use a Hornady Die with micrometer, but it was hard to see the numbers. I still use the Hornady one for 45ACP. Eventually, I will buy a Redding Micrometer for 45ACP too. I got it when they were on sale at Midway. The link is below.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/126941/redding-competition-seater-die-9mm-luger?cm_mmc=se_service-_-shippingconf-_-shippingconf-_-ProductShippedTodayLink

1 hour ago, camaross400 said:

I love it!!! It makes it easy to make adjustments 0.001 increments. It is spot on. I use the Redding Competition Seater Die. I used to use a Hornady Die with micrometer, but it was hard to see the numbers. I still use the Hornady one for 45ACP. Eventually, I will buy a Redding Micrometer for 45ACP too. I got it when they were on sale at Midway. The link is below.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/126941/redding-competition-seater-die-9mm-luger?cm_mmc=se_service-_-shippingconf-_-shippingconf-_-ProductShippedTodayLink

The competition seating die?  I though Dillon said it was not compatible with the 1050 - that's what i originally had planned on trying but since Dillon said it wouldn't work I started looking at the pro die/micro addon instead.   If the Redding Competition Seating die will work with the 1050 I'll order two of them lickity-split :).

Edited by 78Staff

The competition seating die?  I though Dillon said it was not compatible with the 1050 - that's what i originally had planned on trying but since Dillon said it wouldn't work I started looking at the pro die/micro addon instead.   If the Redding Competition Seating die will work with the 1050 I'll order two of them lickity-split :).

These are the two dies I use with my 1050 for 223 and 9mm. I attached the picture of the box so you can have the actual model number. They work for me!598b5ced5705d6bbe6d331d41d20a97d.jpg45a42355a0538b8dd166a78be23448ce.jpg

Just now, camaross400 said:

These are the two dies I use with my 1050 for 223 and 9mm. I attached the picture of the box so you can have the actual model number. They work for me!598b5ced5705d6bbe6d331d41d20a97d.jpg45a42355a0538b8dd166a78be23448ce.jpg

Thanks, yeah I think it might have been the Forster Mic die maybe...since the collar hangs down so low on rifle rounds...

I am going to go ahead and order the Redding :).

Thanks, yeah I think it might have been the Forster Mic die maybe...since the collar hangs down so low on rifle rounds...

I am going to go ahead and order the Redding :).

You won't be disappointed!

• 3 weeks later...

I tired one on station 3 on a 650 last night. I was loading pussy PCC (I know, redundant ) loads so spilling is not a problem but the cases landed real softly under the bullet feeder. I like it. As for using o-rings, it should help but the rubber thing with these pins is very soft so you get a lot of push into the shellplate without a lot of drag on the plate. I think this is a winner. I will know for sure when I load some open ammo.

Later,

Chuck

spill.jpg