Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody tried a Spill Stop for Dillon 650/1050 from Reloading Innovations?

I use it on my 1050 with AmmoBot, loading 9mm Minor.  It has absolutely eliminated bullet tipping.  I suspect it will do as advertised for powder. When you order it, order some spares as well. They are cheap enough.

Edited by GregJ
Removed links to FB videos, didnt work for everyone.

12 minutes ago, skullmug said:

Thanks for the response. Neither of the videos work though....

Hmm, probably because of Face Plant.  It may be a Flash issue.  Hopefully the video shows for others.

Edited by GregJ

9 minutes ago, GregJ said:

Hmm, probably because of Face Plant.  It may be a Flash issue.  Hopefully the video shows for others.

Nope. Went to a FB link then gave me a message that said unable to play video, check connection speed?

Video won't work for me either.  I am interested in seeing this gadget work.  Facebook give me the message.."The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."  I guess I'm not in the audience.

Doesn't this do the same thing as putting a zip tie in the same place? And I already had the zip ties.

I guess if that didn't work for you spend the money on the spill stop, but I can buy a lifetime supply for $15 plus shipping. 

13 minutes ago, Kraj said:

Doesn't this do the same thing as putting a zip tie in the same place? And I already had the zip ties.

I guess if that didn't work for you spend the money on the spill stop, but I can buy a lifetime supply for $15 plus shipping. 

No it doesnt.  If you look at my videos, you'll see the zip ties are on, but the case wobbles pretty bad.  The zip tie helps, but does nothing entering/exiting the station, which is where the wobble is.

37 minutes ago, echotango said:

And the zip ties do nothing on a Mark 7.  

What do you mean?

I've loaded on a buddies Mark 7 with the zip ties installed and it make a big difference for powder spillage and case stabilization. This look to reduce it even further once it gets to the die station. 

I had an issue with bullets toppling off with my mark 7. The zip tie helped, maybe 1 per 1000 tumble off now...its happens so infrequently that I wouldn't have concerned buying something like this. It seems like it works for you though.

What are you loading? It looks really short in the video

40 minutes ago, Kraj said:

What are you loading? It looks really short in the video

9mm minor, 124 Zero at 1.100. Thats the aspect of the video. Had to take a video with my phone playing the vid to get it here. 

6 hours ago, skullmug said:

What do you mean?

I've loaded on a buddies Mark 7 with the zip ties installed and it make a big difference for powder spillage and case stabilization. This look to reduce it even further once it gets to the die station. 

I don't have issues with the bullet toppling. I am only looking to not spill powder(9maj). I tried the zip ties but was not to my liking. Works for some people and that is great.

For a few bucks it was worth me trying.  

9 minutes ago, echotango said:

I don't have issues with the bullet toppling. I am only looking to not spill powder(9maj). I tried the zip ties but was not to my liking. Works for some people and that is great.

For a few bucks it was worth me trying.  

Understand stand now. Makes sense. 

Did you ever run them both? Is that even possible?

I have not tried them yet. I plan on only using the spill stop. I will try it later this week. Hopefully tomorrow. 

The M7 controls the speed of the plate prior to the final stop where the zip ties would normally help. That is when I spill powder. I can make it not spill, but it is too slow of an index speed for me.  I'm hoping with these I can speed things up a bit. 

I was about to give up on my 9.4gr of 3n38 load because of powder spillage and decided to try the spill stop and bearing kit. I've done 500 rounds since with only one spill. I might add one more spill stop to soften it up a bit more.

These may work great with 220gr blackout subs. That giant bullet just nestled barely in the case wobbles quite precariously while indexing. Just ordered some to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk