Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal Safeties?

Wesquire

1 minute ago, emjei said:

The ones that come in another Production Legal gun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Right, but there's so many variations to the Tanfo guns on the production list that I have no idea which safeties have been stock on them.

Email Tanfoglio and confirm that they ship production legal guns (Xtreme in particular) with any stock, xtreme or unica parts on them.  Essentially, any parts that are made by Tanfoglio for a production legal model is production legal.  That's what I was told by Tanfoglio.  They might mean IPSC but I don't see how that's different for USPSA in this case. 

Pretty much all of them. I use the flat safety from Eric, Tangfolio said they would ship it a stock 3 from the factory with it. But would  not ship to the US. 

"Any other components which are externally 
visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts 
which are offered on the specific model of gun 
or another approved gun from the same 
manufacturer except as specifically clarified 
below."

That's the rule we have to work with. 

What were you looking to use? 

• 2 months later...

I think if you add OFM parts that don't provide any competitive advantage, a thinner safety or single-sided safety for example, there is zero chance you'll have any kind of issue with it.  I put the thin single-sided safety on mine because I found I inadvertently engaged the extended ambi safety on my draw occasionally (yes, in a match... ugh...).  

15 hours ago, chaserracer said:

Forgive my ignorance here but if the safety is acceptable would the new Unica mag catch lever be as well??

image.png.e44fbc8d8769749c113dd24070274c20.png

The rule reads:

"A factory/OFM magazine release which 

extends only the length of the magazine 
release may be used. A magazine release 
which provides a larger surface area (paddles, 
buttons) may only be used if it is an OFM part 
available on an approved model of gun." 

So if Tangfolio says they would ship an approved gun with the mag release from the factory it sounds good to me. But you better be prepared to argue about it everywhere you go. 

13 hours ago, Tanfastic said:
15 hours ago, chaserracer said:

Forgive my ignorance here but if the safety is acceptable would the new Unica mag catch lever be as well??

I believe all Unica parts are OFM made for Stock 2/3, and you can buy it directly from Tanfoglio from their web site http://www.tanfoglio.it/shop/tanfoglio-unica/parti-unica/

As such, they should be Production legal per the rules.  I will be shocked if aftermarket hammers/triggers are Production legal while the OFM parts made specifically for the Production legal guns are not. 

unica2.thumb.jpg.c6a902a74622478f3d0b0b152bcb2187.jpg

unica1.thumb.jpg.c6bc84bf18d3420fc4ded59ec68e6e55.jpg