Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spinta Glock 17 barrel

Cfish

Never heard of em. Looks like a KKM Barrel.. Maybe they are going out of business and blowing out inventory or maybe their KKM  2nd's

without the KKM Logo.. Who knows, but if their are 100% legit that price is a Steal.. I would ask them who makes them and if they are Blems.

No drop in barrel is any more accurate than the OEM, of course you could get lucky and have a tighter lockup. The only way to guarantee accuracy is with a hand fitted barrel, custom hand loads with a finish reamed chamber.

23 hours ago, 9x45 said:

No drop in barrel is any more accurate than the OEM, of course you could get lucky and have a tighter lockup. The only way to guarantee accuracy is with a hand fitted barrel, custom hand loads with a finish reamed chamber.

This! The only Caveat is 2nd Gen G20's benefited from aftermarket barrels with more chamber support. Otherwise, my two Gen 4 G34's are pretty decent factory barrels.

On 7/16/2017 at 6:06 PM, bigtimelarry said:

Never heard of em. Looks like a KKM Barrel.. Maybe they are going out of business and blowing out inventory or maybe their KKM  2nd's

without the KKM Logo.. Who knows, but if their are 100% legit that price is a Steal.. I would ask them who makes them and if they are Blems.

Spinta makes their own barrels, and just started making Glock barrels not long ago. I've been competing in PCC with one of their 9mm bolts for 6 months or so, and just got one of their new 9mm PCC barrels to try out. They have awesome customer service, and based on that I would try any other products without hesitation. I'll be getting one of these Glock 17 barrels next week to try. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 10:14 PM, 9x45 said:

In the best couple years there has been several tests where OEM has been compared against a bunch of aftermarket barrels using various ammunition from 115gr to 147gr.  Recoil magazine did one, as well as the one cited below, and Primary and Secondary.  The Recoil test is fairly comprehensive using different methods of testing, different ammo on different days.  The results generally have the OEM around mid-pack, however the only real constant is the inconsistency of the barrels given a large enough pool of barrels, ammunition used and timeline.  Much like Glock triggers, it seems you can buy two guns of the same model, manufactured the same month, and they are going to feel and perform a little differently. 

The real question is whether you require anything more accurate than what comes from the factory.  You can reasonably expect  ~2.5" deviation @ 20-25 yds with OEM, maybe slightly better or worse with aftermarket depending on what barrel you buy and what ammunition you use.  For action shooting, chasing more than that is not the best use of resources, as greater accuracy is required for probably a fraction of a percent of shots made.  On the other hand, if for some reason you were using a Glock for bullseye shooting, it may be worthwhile.  For what its worth, my own shooting off of a rest seems to confirm what most tests have determined, in general KKM is the most reliable replacement for OEM if you want as good or better accuracy.  Another interesting tidbit is Bar-Sto barrels have not been used in any of the shoot-outs I've read.  I have not shot one of their barrels, but their claims are substantial and the fact that they require minor fitting may indicate a very tight fit. 

If you are buying a barrel for a design or color change, that is an entirely different reason.