Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow 2

Just4FunLP

5 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

11.8.1 - Interpretation of these rules and regulations is the responsibility of the USPSA Director of NROI. 

Right that’s what I’m saying......... if Troy says Yay there is no other arguement.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So I want to run a Shadow 2 this year. Ideally an Accu 2. Like the OP said,

"That's the one I want."

The Accu 2 is not on the list as of yet. 

Is this still up in the air? 

Is it wise to pick up a Shadow 2 and run it this year, while we get some "case law" on the books, and maybe have a CZC treatment and bushing done at some point? 

Rather than search for an Accu 2, only to have it ruled out of, or at the least questioned for production? 

Edited by NHGunowner

Emailed late last night asking about it, just through the "contact us" on USPSA site. 

Forwarded and responded to by Troy the next morning. Awesome folks.

I asked,

Hello, do you know if the CZ Shadow 2 Accu model is under review to be added to the production gun list? CZ model # 96214"

And Troy responded,

"It is not and won't be for some time.

Troy"

So that's where that stands. 

When the new rules go into effect, my understanding is yes. Recommend you take a look at the new rules and evaluate for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and think it does. Unfortunately my opinion does t matter much [emoji16]

My conversations with Troy.

If you take a 91254, 91255, 91256 or 91257, do a trigger job, do short reset, change sights and have the ACCU bushing installed. that is considered work allowed under the production rules and is legal.

However Shadow 2 ACCU SKU 91763 ( and  96214  )  would not be legal under production rules because it is considered a new model.

Edited by eerw

If you take a 91254, 91255, 91256 or 91257, do a trigger job, do short reset, change sights and have the ACCU bushing installed. that is considered work allowed under the production rules and is legal.
However Shadow 2 ACCU SKU 91763 would not be legal under production rules because it is considered a new model.

Did Troy see the ridiculousness of those two statements when said together?

Or is my logic flawed?

8 minutes ago, RexKramer said:

Did Troy see the ridiculousness of those two statements when said together?

Or is my logic flawed?

No you are right, the rules are pretty silly when it comes down to something like that. 

2 hours ago, eerw said:

However Shadow 2 ACCU SKU 91763 would not be legal under production rules because it is considered a new model.

What about CZ Custom model 96214 though? Technically, it is not a model from CZ USA as a brand, right? It would be considered a modified shadow 2 from CZ custom which has a separate SKU 96214 which would then be legal because it is a shadow 2 with mods that is just given a name and number by an aftermarket company? 

In reality, are accu2 model 96214 and 91763 exactly the same?

Why can’t we just tell the officials that we have a shadow 2 and had the mods done separately and it is not a 96214 or 91763? There is really no easy way to track that unless they call CZ custom or CZ USA with the serial numbers which would be a huge time consuming PIA that they probably wouldn’t bother with unless you actually won a major match?

Edited by Silverscooby27

14 minutes ago, eerw said:

96214 has full adjustable rear sight, 91763 has factory rear sight

Factory rear!? What a gamer gun. :lol:

Thank goodness my Shadow 2 is just one that's been modified to look like an Accu 2... ;)

However Shadow 2 ACCU SKU 91763 ( and  96214  )  would not be legal under production rules because it is considered a new model.

That’s ridiculous and runs counter to the spirit and stated rationale of the recent rule changes.

3 hours ago, speedseeker said:

That’s ridiculous and runs counter to the spirit and stated rationale for the recent rule changes.

Smart way for a manufacturer to do it within the rules would have been not to designate the gun as a new model, sort of like Tanfo did with the new limited pro. 

On 3/20/2018 at 11:37 AM, eerw said:

Edited by NHGunowner
I haven't figured how to quote properly

Doesn't the Accu bushing require milling/modification to the slide? Or am I misunderstanding that?

A bushing upgrade/replacement (eg, CGW) would be allowed under 21.6.

However, a modification to the slide to make that change would be prohibited under

21.1 "INTERNAL    modifications    that    do    NOT    conflict    with    other    clauses    of    this    appendix,    are    ALLOWED."

And 21.2b "A slide    may    be    modified    specifically    for    installing    sights,    and    for    no

other    purpose."

Edited by NHGunowner

Doesn't the Accu bushing require milling/modification to the slide? Or am I misunderstanding that?
A bushing upgrade/replacement (eg, CGW) would be allowed under 21.6.
However, a modification to the slide to make that change would be prohibited under
21.1 "INTERNAL    modifications    that    do    NOT    conflict    with    other    clauses    of    this    appendix,    are    ALLOWED."
And 21.2b "A slide    may    be    modified    specifically    for    installing    sights,    and    for    no
other    purpose."

I believe the milling is considered internal to the slide so it’s OK. The new rules actually call out the installation of bushings as legal explicitly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have an Accu Shadow 2, and am having a bitch of a time figuring out how to remove the Accu bushing so that I can do a barrel cleaning. Can anyone reply with a link to a how to video (can't find one for the Accu Shadow 2, or any other CZ with the newer Accu bushing), or walk me through with some step-by-step instructions? Thank you.

Edited by Word_Bro